CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Topic of the day

Well tonight's topic, I have a few things on my mind. I have been thinking because last night Carson's daycare director Sarah and I were talking about children's brains at the age between 18 mons and 3 years. Something I didn't know and she enlightened me, between those age groups a childs brain has more synapses than adults. So go figure why im at such a loss so often with this strong willed child of mine! No seriously, he has been doing MUCH better lately. I haven't had had any moments where I feel like pulling my hair out or at a loss for what to do, but I think it's because he is communicating better. I think he gets frustrated because he can't use words, but it's like he understands them and can do what we are saying. I bet that would be frustrating. Apparently his synapses haven't caught up with his forming words yet.

So my thought's are, just like most parents I am trying to work on different routines/words with Carson at this point. He just turned 18 months, so we are certainly on that track.

It's kind of frustrating to read to him because when you do, he doesn't really want to listen. He has gotten better about sitting there, especially if we sit on my bed or Kenedey's bed and he looks at a different book. Kenedey and I both spend a lot of time reading to him, but when he sits there with us, I often wonder if he has any clue that we are trying to read certain books to him. Do any of you out there reading have kids that do this? I try not to let it discourage me because I do remember Kenedey doing this also. Maybe it's an independence thing.

My cousin's son has recently started preschool this year. She just had her 1st parent teacher conference and it was a challenge for her. She has one of those strong willed, energetic children. I think so much of what I do with my kids I just do because I think it is right or it comes naturally, but watching her son go through some of the things that are required in preschool, just simple social skills, I want to make a concious effort with Carson while he is so young to set some of those things in place, rather than just assuming what we are doing is right. I want to be a bit more intentional in what we are teaching him. (hmm again going back to the same Dr. Carlson intentional life thing!

Anyway, those are just my thoughts' for today! Tomorrow is my half day! I made it past the worst part of the week.

0 comments: