CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 9, 2007

Intentional Life

First up: Our Ewoks!



This is a topic I have wanted to share before, however, I have never gotten around to getting my thoughts together to do so. For starters.... The Intentional Life I got from Family Life Radio. I very infrequently get to listen to it because of the time I get out of work it's usually over. It is broadcast on a local radio station, but I sincerely enjoy listening to it when I get the chance. If you are curious check out this website: The Intentional Life




Dr. Randy Carlson does the show. Basically it's where parents or families/family members call or write in regarding topics that a lot of us encounter in life. Dr. Carlson basically gives advice, which is basically biblical, faith centered, and pretty much to the point in family situations. I am pretty much over Dr. Phil these days, I just havent been too thrilled with topics as of lately. What I like most about Dr. Carlson's show is the angle which he takes on lifes curveballs, stuggles, and even life's joys. The main idea is to do just what my topic says; To Live an Intentional Life. By that, my take on what that means is to live your life with purpose. Kind of goes back to the Purpose Driven Life (Rick Warren) Certainly worth checking out if you haven't. But the show for me is awesome because he talks alot about intentional parenting and certain things/ideas you should share/do/with your kids. I like that he touches so much on the indivual child. Today someone called in about having a strong-willed child..... ugh hmmm *Carson* He mentioned that usually strong willed children have a strong willed parent. I have a feeling Carson has 2 strong willed parents! But basically he just disscussed the topic of strong will children and encouraged nuturing your child and recognizing how intellegent this specific kind of child is... generally speaking. Anyway........... my point is, if you get a chance to listen to his radio program it's really quite inspiring and also uplifting.

Jack and I snugglin on the couch. A nice Friday lay low evening. Ahhhh

We hung out with Jessi and fam tonight, I know what's new? Jason has to work in the early morning and my kids fell asleep over here, so we are just going to stay here and hang out in the morning. Tomorrow I have housework and work to do at home so we will probably just be home most of the weekend.


I got a new lens for my camera, so we played with it tonight, nothing special, just some new fun pictures of us and kids! For those of you who are wondering what I got, its just the Nikkor 55-200 with VR. So far im really likin it!!! Can't wait to try some new things!

Dont mind his lovely clean shirt!!! Just some leftover dinner for later!

Aww kisses from my sissy and a high five! The Carpenter's prevailed over the Cannons! :-)Something about this picture I liked, I think I like it because I can see my baby girl in it, that same face shape from when she was newborn. So much of the little girl is growing, but this one just shows me it's still my baby girl! Kind of cool to still see that (for me anyway) i'm probably the only one who sees it! Maybe all of you just see I took a shot of her nostrils! LOL

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Kari- I love reading your blog! I have a strong willed child too! You are an awesome mom! Talk to you soon!