CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Taking a break


Today is my 28th bday. I was actually born on Thanksgiving and because my bday is the 22nd it very infrequently falls on Thanksgiving. I think its kind of fun to hear my family tell me the story of what their Thanksgiving was 28 years ago! It really didn't feel like my bday though. I know it probably sounds weird, but I hate not being with my mom on my bday. Is that weird? I seriously cried twice today just thinking about it. Well mom, thank you for giving me life! You are THE BEST MOM EVER and I love you SO much! I miss you and can't wait to see you soon.

So, since it is my bday, my gift to myself is... a pretty much empty blog posting for this evening. Thank you to everyone for all the phone calls and emails cards and all that good stuff. I sincerely appreciate it. I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and the people you got to be with. That's really what it's all about.

We have one more Thanksgiving with Jason's family on Sat. I was driving home from Grand Rapids tonight and I was thinking about all the things in my life I am so thankful for. Of course the obvious family, friends, health, my incredible children, and more than I can list. I try my hardest to not take any of that listed above for granted. All of you mean so much to me.

I drove past Carson's daycare and then Kenedey's school and I couldn't help but be SO thankful that we are so.... (I don't know what to call it other than lucky/blessed)... to have such great people to teach/care for our children when we are away at work with them. I have said it before and ill say it again. I would not make a great stay at home mom... I need a schedule and I need to leave the house to start my day to feel good about it. I give the utmost respect to mom's who do stay home with their children. That is BY FAR the most challenging job from my perspective, in the entire world. But, I feel incredibly lucky/blessed that the daycare we have chosen for Carson (very intentionally by the way, there's that word again!) that they care so much for him and when I drive by the church where the daycare goes I have such a sense of peace that I never worry that he will miss out on a thing there. I like that they truly take into account the kids spiritual, emotional, physical, mental, educational needs into account everyday. It is by far the "perfect" place for HIM. And... Onsted Schools all of those who work there/volunteer there to help us as parents make such secure, stable, and educated children. I am so thankful to all of you who play such a large part in our children's future and are right beside us all the way. Thank you for all you do. I think sometimes the magnitude of what you do for our kids is sometimes "downplayed" because you get paid. Trust me it isn't enough!!! That's what I am SO thankful for this year!

Happy Thanksgiving 2007!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to You Kari, Happy Birthday
Miss you tons and wish we could be with you on this special day. Just seems like yesterday you arrived into all of our lives. I never eat a Thanksgiving dinner without thinking of your arrival into our world. Hope you had a wonderful day.
Love you and Miss you tons.
Love Mom