CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 12, 2007

Brother for sale...

only 50 cents....

So Carson has been really sick today. He woke up this am with a bark like cough, fever, green snot, lethargic... just plain yuck...

I called work after I was all ready to go and told them that if I took Carson to daycare they would be calling me in 5 minutes. So, I took him into work to have Dr. R look at him and he did a chest xray and gave him a breathing treatment. He said his chest xray was worse than he expected it to look so he gave him a shot of Decadron, a long acting steriod, and two antibiotcs. Carson fell back to sleep at about 10am in the car and then took a real nap at about 12:30 and slept until about 3:30. Now that is all fine and dandy... but here is why he is now for sale!

He ate a good dinner and then he was wound up more than I have EVER seen him. He is usually a pretty busy guy, but he couldn't hold still for .4 seconds. He was running all over the house, dumping toys, climbing between my legs, jumping on my stomach, doing summersaults over my legs and off the couch, standing on the table marching, beating up Kenedey to the point of making her cry, and more which im certain I have now forgotten. Well his bed time rolled around and I thought Ok, we have to get him settled down, so we did his usual ritual, read a book, turned out all the lights, told everyone goodnight, got a drink then tried to put him in bed. Yeah he stood there and screamed for awhile... not too much like him. He cries when we put him down occasionally, but not for long, well after about 10 mins I thought well im going in there I can't take it anymore. He had thrown up in his bed. Gross, poor little guy. I got him out and bathed him again. Kenedey went to put a diaper on him while I stripped his bed and I hear... "mom he's puking again". Sure enough. Once again we cleaned him up and then he was fine. He was back in full force crazy mood gear x3 again. And it didn't stop until about 9:45 and I decided that since all my calming tactics around the house weren't working that I would try to rock him. They rock him all the time at daycare. So I figured maybe that would work. Yeah he let me rock him all right... he could push his legs against the chair to make me rock the chair harder/faster. So that became a fun game! I decided that his Bactrim that I gave him before I put him in bed the first time is probably what caused him to vomit. So I felt confident that it was safe to try to lay him down again. This time I put on a video for him in hopes of keeping him still in his bed rather than wound up crying and jumping causing the vomit to fly again. Well it finally worked!!! It was about 10:15 by the time that kid finally went to bed. I am chucking all this up to the Decadron injection that he had today. Note to self: NEVER. LET. CARSON. HAVE. DECADRON. AGAIN. STERIODS. MAKE. HIM. CRAZY.

You know how it goes that God never gives you more than you can handle. Well, I think God didn't give me a kid who has endless amounts of energy because this episode has made me realize that he does have his quiet moments and moments where he entertains himself and for the most part he is a busy guy, but he is such a good little guy too. I am so thankful that most of the time he is a good little sleeper when he is on his schedule. So here's to hopes that he sleeps through the night and doesn't get up and want to party at 3am! Im worn out just from chasing his butt around trying to wear him out! I seriously considered letting him and Kenedey go run around the house. I didn't though... however, if it would have been warm and dry outside, you better bet your buns those kids would have been found outside running laps!!!

0 comments: