CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Lots to catch up on




So i've been busy. Haven't had a chance at all to sit down and blog at all. So where do I start.



Guess ill start with this past wednesday my mom came into town for a few days. Wed night we went to the back to school picinic and met Ken's new teacher. I think she will do great. Funny thing is, Ken had a "love note" on her desk already from a boy. Tyler Wilson. LOL Too cute. She was pretty embarrassed! Guess that's what happens in 5th grade! I knew we were in trouble with this beautiful little girl, but ALREADY!! Oh well! She's got her head on straight so far and still isn't crazy about boys... yet.... yeah i know give it some time right? Im excited about the upcoming year for her. She is growing up more all the time, but I see for her this year really doing a lot in school too. Her teachers name is Mrs. Merriman, she was a 1st grade teacher and has moved up so should be interesting to see how that goes. I don't know what to expect this year academically I assume the work will start getting tougher and tougher!



So we went to the picinic and then went to visitation for my grandma Howard. She looked really good. Like she did a few years back. I am again so glad I got to go and say my goodbyes to her before her passing. It sure gave me a closure I didn't know I would have. I've probably said it before, but it sure gives me a peace of mind that I know she is in heaven and no longer suffering. I can really feel happiness from that. Im happy for her.



Thurs morning was the funeral. It was sad as all funerals are. It was a really nice service that Tom McMichael put on. My grandma had even picked out the songs to sing at her funeral. I guess you could say she was a planner! Carson went to the funeral with us, but my mom kept him occupied. By the time it was over he needed to go home for nap time, so we didn't make it to the dinner.



My mom's friend called her from the dinner and came by my place to see and chat with my mom. My mom and I unloaded some new furniture for Kenedey's room that my mom brought her from the house in Ohio. She got a new bed and dresser. They are super nice. Ill post some pics of that at a later post. We took all the old furniture out and put it in storage in Hutch and Jen's basement and did lots of rearranging in her room. While my mom and her friend visited, I went into Brooklyn to get my hair done. I needed a Malibu because our water is super hard here. We have tons of lime in the water. The Malibu did wonders. Later that evening we went into Adrian and met up with Jessica and her kids at Red Lobster for dinner. We had Taylor Hutchinson with us and my mom had gotten a room at the Carlton Lodge so the girls went swimming. We had entirely too many kids at dinner! Oh well makes for interesting times! The manager got a lobster out for the kids to look at. They thought that was great!

My mom and Jack


Jack
Kenedey and Jessica

We stayed the night at the hotel and got up and did some shopping. My mom got Ken a new bed spread for her new bed, and we went to Kohls so Ken could get a few last minute things for school. She had already scoped out what she wanted a few days earlier so that was pretty easy for her! I think this is the first year she has really cared what she wears to school. She has a certain look shes working on! I must say she has cute taste though! Again my mom and her came to my house after we were done shopping and Carson napped. I went again to get my hair highlighted and cut! Two days in a row in the salon! Guess im making up for not getting in there over the past few months! I got quite a bit cut off and my highlights look good. I was in desperate need! Ken and my mom finished her room. My mom is the only person in the whole world who and come into my house and rearrange things and organize the way I like it! Guess thats because she's my mom. Then again she's the only one in the whole world who would! LOL She even hung up a bunch of pictures on the wall. Years ago I used to get mad when she would do stuff like that because it would make me feel like she thought I could'nt do it right. I've learned she is just trying to help and thats what she likes to do. It does help tons and im not in the least bit offended! Im very thankful that she is willing to do it. THANK YOU MOM IF YOU READ THIS!!! FOR EVERYTHING!!! WE APPRECIATE YOU!



In the evening we went back to the hotel and my grandpa and JJ came out to go swimming. We had some pizza for dinner and then just relaxed. I've been pretending im on a mini vacation because I have been off work since Wed night. Back to the rat race on Tues, so im doing my best to enjoy it. It is likely to be my only break until Christmas. Tomorrow is Monday and it will be cool to actually feel like a day off of work!

This monkey made us so sad... he was just laying there by the glass looking right at kenedey. Poor thing! I told Ken he was sad because he missed her since the zoo is where we got her... I said I think that might be your brother! LOL

Yesterday was Jason and my anniversary! WE MADE IT TO 5 YEARS!!! Yeah for us! We decided to take the kids to the Toledo Zoo. After saying goodbyes to my mom we left and headed down there. It was great with the exception of Carson started with a fever. I think he is just cutting molars, but he was fussy and not his usual busy self. Normally its difficult to keep him in a stroller, he likes to run everywhere. He didn't even ask to get out. He just laid there. He has boycotted eating and slept a lot. We walked around and looked at things for a few hours. We were in no rush just slowly mosied around. It was actually a lot of fun. I think my fav thing was the butterfly exhibit thing we went it in. You have to pay extra to get in, but there are butterflies everywhere. It was really pretty. They have special doors and all kinds of precautions so the butterfiles can't get out. Its a greenhouse type of place with more butterflies than you can count. It was really hot in there. I had to get out sooner than I would have liked because from being on the steroids from the poison ivy I have just been sweating terrible. It's awful!!! I wake up at night with my tshirt soaked. Im not a sweater normally, but ewww. Ill be glad when all this is over. By the way my ivy is looking better everyday. It's been a long road! Ill be doing my best to stay away from that stuff for the rest of my life! So we finished up at the zoo and headed home. Just had a restful evening at home. Ken went over to see Aunt Connie with Jessica at Lee's house (aunt Connie's boyfriend). He lives on Washington Lake so she wanted to go play with the kids. Jason and I just hung out at home and he started on some jerky he is making. (Deer jerky) We had to stop at Cabela's on our way home from the zoo so he could get some bullets for his gun and some jerky seasonings. They had dock dogs going on there. I think thats a really neat sport.


This monkey had a brand new baby!
So today the kids and I just hung out at home all day. Jason got up and around and went into his friends to do some skeet shooting. Bunch of guys stuff! Carson still ran a fever all day. When the Tylenol quit working I just gave him another dose. No other symptoms just more fussy than usual. Im sure its molars. Yuck. This evening we went out to Lee's house at the lake just for a little while so we could see my aunt Connie. Ken had a blast. She got to tube behind Lee's boat! She has gotten so brave. A year ago she would have been so nervous to do that! Not now!! She had a smile the whole time! I didn't take my camera purposely because I thought ill just enjoy my time out there and who knows how Carson will act. I could kick myself for not taking it! As soon as she got on that tube I was so mad I didn't take it. Maybe next time!

Anyway... as you can see we have been super busy! It's been a GREAT Labor Day weekend and we still have another whole day to go! No work tomorrow and one final day of summer for Ken and she is officially a fifth grader!!! I'll let you know how her first day goes and I promise to take some pics of her!

0 comments: