CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Not too bad

Well we went to check out the daycare... Carson and I went together this time. I worked this morning and then I came home and got Carson then we headed over to the daycare. To help ease him into it, I stayed with him and just observed, played, and chatted with the workers. I think he will adjust fine.

We played outside for about a half hour and then went inside and had snack with the kids. Jason made the comment when we talked about me taking him and me staying with him for the first time, that Carson wouldn't care weather or not I was there. Well... he was right. He just went right out and played with the other kids no problem at all. He had a blast. He played the entire time. He made a few friends, two of the names I could think of were, Maggie and Aiden. A lot more girls than boys in his class... I guess he will be the ladies man!

The only part I saw that will be tough for Carson is the transition from each activity. However, while it may be tough for him, I think it will be very good for him. For example, when it was time to go inside from playing outside, he started to have a meltdown because he wanted to stay outside. I realized that our little man thinks the world revolves around him! Not surprising! Having a big sister and a babysitter who cater to his every wimper/need will make anyone think the world is at your beckon call! After a very minor meltdown I picked him up and showed him to follow the other kids and walk inside. Once he figured out that's what he had to do he followed suit. I warned the "teachers" that I had some concerns about him getting used to the transitions for him just from activity to activity. She did say they usually get used to that very quickly. I think it will be a great lesson to learn for him.

I was very proud about him for a few things. I noticed when I was comparing him to other kids similar in age that he was noticably very smart and well adjusted. He preferred to play with the bigger kids (the preschoolers were outside with his class). He walked up to many of them and said his usual "HI" and he giggled with them. Him and Aiden rode bikes together and had their own little "conversation". They were making "vrooom" sounds with the bikes and kind of running into each other. He went on the slide where the preschoolers were and enjoyed that WAY more than the "baby slide"! He's a tough little guy. He slid down right on his butt over and over and just cracked up! I was also proud that he didn't walk around and hit or pinch or yell at anyone! No embarrassing temper tantrums either! Again, I really think this will be very good for him. He is certainly ready for this next step of "toddlerhood". It did also make me feel very fortunate that we have been able to keep him at home until this point. It sort of made me sad to see some of the real little ones at the daycare. They were well cared for, but I just feel like they need to be held a lot and snuggled until they are ready to be so busy (such as where Carson is right now) I know every kid is different and all do better or worse in different situations but again just made me realize how fortuate I felt that he has been home until now. He is just about 17 months old now. He seems more like a 2 year old just from his size and his motor skills are well intact! He still makes a mess when he eats, but its getting better all the time!

Next week he is going to go for 2 days and will stay with the sitter for 3 days, then the following week he will go 3 days and 2 days with Mandy and then the following week he will be there full time. It should work out perfectly. This way he has a chance to get used to the transition. He will go most days from about 7:20 am until around 4 when Jason gets out of work. This should be a good experince but intersting also... Ill keep you updated!

0 comments: