CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

Seriously....

I owe the babysitter BIG TIME!

You all thought I was joking in my earlier post and since I have only had one response via email... ill give you YET ANOTHER EXAMPLE! lol

So my sitter called me at work today to tell me that Carson has mosquito bites on him that he is itching until he bleeds. I told her she could put some anti-itch cream on them and give him a bit of Benadryl and that should help. Well... I didn't hear from her again, so I figured things were ok.
Yeah... pretty sure that Kenedey called me at work when she got home from school to tell me that Carson has a bad diaper rash. Remember he is cutting some serious teeth/4 molars all within a week. Ken proceeded to tell me that our sitter's mom came over to try to help her today because he was so fussy. They gave him a bath, put some cream on his rear and took him for a ride because he was SO fussy. Nothing really worked, but he did finally calm down. This is very uncharacteristic of him. Well I told Ken they could let him run around naked for a few minutes to air out his rear and low and behold... he had diarrhea on the kitchen floor! I told them to bathe him and I would take care of things once I could get home. I came home to poop on the kitchen floor. I CANT blame her a bit for not cleaning it up. It's different when it's your own kid! Not a big deal to me.. remember I delt with the Poop Mobile a few months back! But not having any kids of your own makes things a lot different! Anyway she tells me that he cried so much today and was so challenging that he had HER crying. She is incredibly patient with him but something tells me that HE GOT TO HER! NOW DO YOU ALL FEEL MY PAIN!!! Or her's for that matter! I can/but cant believe he has been that challenging lately. She did exactly what was right and had her mom come over to help her and tried everything she could but for gods sake!!! THIS KID!!!!

Tonight when I got home he was asleep on the couch so I took him and put him on Ken's bed and he didnt wake up so I cleaned "things" up and chatted with Ken and then I climbed in bed next to him and rested until about 7 this evening! Daymian came out to spend the night and hang out for the day tomorrow with Ken. So they occupied themselves and played school and games. They didn't even know I was napping! LOL But after Carson woke up this evening he was wonderful. He was super cute and sat at the table with J and I and ate a really good dinner (Ken and Daymian had a "picnic" on the living room floor). And he was just great until he went to bed tonight. I brought home Pedialyte, oatmeal bath, desitin cream and he was back in business. His rash wasn't as bad as I expected it to bed, but it must have been more sore than it looks. Our sitter said everytime she stood up to hold him on her hip he screamed so she figured it must be really hurting him. I bet by morning his rear is all better. He has always been a terrible teether. But he only had 7 teeth until these 4 popped up this week. He even gets the whole fever to go along which started last weekend. If there's a teething symptom he probably has it.

So the moral of the story... I will be sending flowers to the babysitter tomorrow! I was surprised she didn't hit the door running as soon as she saw me tonight! Mandi if you ever read this... THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DO FOR CARSON. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL BABYSITTER. WE ARE VERY VERY SORRY HE WAS SUCH A HANDFUL TODAY.

Bless her heart she even had the mind to say, "Kari, I felt so bad for him, I kept asking myself... what am I doing wrong, when he was crying so much". I said... "Mandi its NOT you... ITS HIM!" Again, thank you for being so patient with him you do an excellent job everyday and we appreciate that.

Goodnight everyone! Here are just a few random pics i've snapped this week. Kenedey just being "kenedey" and Carson caught climbing on Ken's nightstand!

0 comments: