CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Good little blogger


Mom PLEASE delete that picture....
Nope sorry Ken its going to be the first one everyone sees!!!!
I really didn't want to blog tonight, but... I figured I should document Ken's 1st day of school in 5th grade! After all... she is my first child! I can't afford to get behind on documenting her life with another one coming up behind her!

Well last night she couldn't go to sleep. She was just too excited. I think she FINALLY fell asleep around 10:45pm. Bless her heart, she tried to go to sleep as best as she could, I remember those days when I was so excited for school! Then at 5am Jason's alarm went off and guess who was up and atem?! I was folding laundry and here she comes walking into the laundry room wide eyed and ready to go! Yeah that would be Ken. I told her she had to go lay back down and she did but she just tossed and turned. My alarm went off for her and I to get up just about the time she was ready to fall back asleep. She was fine though.

Her day was wonderful she said. She was pleasantly surprised that her teacher is super nice. She was so nervous about having a mean teacher because her teacher last year wasn't exactly nice! LOL I think anyone would seem "nice" next to Mrs. Tomlin very easily. They did some getting to know you type stuff today and she came home with a mound of paperwork for me to fill out. She started her chores today and did a great job. She is working towards buying a prepaid cell phone. She has been doing research trying to find the best deal for her and that's what she says she wants to buy. Fine by me with all the things she is involved in now its probably getting to where it would be helpful if she has one. She did find a plan that has 100 minutes for $15.00 seems reasonable. Time will tell. At this age, it really seems to be a status thing and I want her to have it for the right reasons, but I think with her paying for it herself, she is responsible enough if she does the research to be able to handle that responsiblity.

We all worked really hard on her room and she is doing an awsome job keeping it nice. She hasn't let anything get out of place yet! She gets right up and makes her bed and fixes her rug if it gets out of place at all! I think this is great! Those of you who know her, know she is usually a little piggy! She's getting the responsiblity thing down slowly but surely! Im working on keeping her accountable too! Fun stuff. I have included some pics of her room for you to see mom!! She LOVES it!!! The pics on the wall LOOK crooked, but I promise they aren't.





Here is also a pic of her from this morning! She looks a little pale, she had her shot and with a limited amount of sleep that doesn't help matters! But here's my 5th grader! Enjoy!!! We look forward to another great year at ONSTED ELEMENTARY! This is her last year in Elem. I CANT BELIEVE IT!

Carson had a terrible day yesterday and after starting not to feel good on Sat. it continued through Monday. I had a heck of a time getting him to let me set him down for more than a minute without screaming. I know it has to be the molars. But I wanted to pull my hair out all day. I was still sweating all day from being on the steriods from the ivy and carrying him around everywhere I went made me a grumpy mommy. The good news is... when I got home tonight he was Mr. Smiles and personality again. I couldn't have been happier. Our babysitter said she gave him some Tylenol because he was very fussy in the morning, but as the day went on he did better. He wouldn't eat for her either which he didn't eat much all weekend. I told her to just be sure he was drinking ok. At dinner tonight he ate really good and "chatted" with us like he usually does. I can't explain how glad I am that he's not Mr. Grumps anymore!!! Most of the time he is such a good little guy so when he is like this it's NOT fun! It's like he saves it up and then we get blasted!!! Oh well we survived another teething moment!

Well im going to head to bed early tonight! NIGHTY NITE

0 comments: