CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 14, 2007

No title today!







Couldn't think of a Title for this blog post tonight! Sorry! I guess my brain doesn't want to cooperate... probably wants a break after this week!

Well, yesterday took the kids to the doctor for their physical's. Carson's 15 month and Kenedey's 10 year. We were about 2 weeks behind on Carson's due to scheduling conflits. But, everything went well.

Ill start with Carson, he weighed in at 27 lbs. 11 oz. Yeah that's why my arm muscles have gotten strong mom!!! Dr. seemed to think he looked great. He screamed the entire time the doctor tried to examine him. Here again the child hates to be restrained. Oh well, we got done very quickly! The only concern I had to talk to the doctor about was how much milk should Carson be drinking at this age. Milk is not his favorite thing to drink. He said between 12 and 24 oz. per day. So that at least gives me a goal to be sure he gets to everyday. Carson would even prefer water over milk at times. But I will just keep offering it and nothing at certain times of the day. He also had his immunizations and so far so good. No reactions. I hate those darn things, but just feel like we have to do it. Im not even going there about that debate, but still hate that they put those foreign things in my child's body. Makes me a bit nervous.

Kenedey had a rather long visit. She decided to see the nurse practioner this time because Dr. VanSchoick (Dr. Tim) is a man and she is more comfortable at this age with a female doing her physical. Dr. Tim looked over everything with Sue and they ordered a back xray. She has had some changes on the "scoliometer". Honestly I didn't ask many questions because im not worried. I believe that her back is different because of her gait being off from limping on her right leg with her "bad knee". She limps worse when she's tired, but most of the time she does well. I think some of it at this point is just habit, not a contracture from the JRA. So we will do the xray and see how that comes out. They also talked to her about drinking milk and making sure she gets her calcium over the next 2 years before her growth plate closes so she can have strong bones. She is built very similar to my mom and my mom's bones aren't the strongest so we will make an honest effort to build very strong bones at this age! Of course Kenedey is serious about it! She did not get any immunizations. They talked about giving her the Varicella booster, but she had chicken pox the disease after she had the imm. the first does, so she is covered. They offered Gardisil and Hep A, both are choices and neither mandatory, so I declined. I get to hear about these both at work all often and I just don't think right now we want either. Nuff said!

Got some fun little pics taken tonight so here they are to share. We have a pretty busy weekend as usual. Ill update later!




0 comments: