CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The place where important things come up missing

Well hello there again!

I have been absent from the blogging world for a whole week. No I didn't go on a great vacation! Just the usual, but busy. This just took a back seat. I've missed it!

Things are good around here. I will try to briefly catchup in a nutshell. Highlights from last week. Well, Carson (I think) lost our cell phone. (Thus the title) I am also missing an important folder and I couldn't find my glasses when I started this post... im blind so I had to go on a search for them... they are now found! Anyway... as you know by now, he LOVES to play with the phone. We have searched and searched more and more and cannot find the darn thing. Sooo... after nearly 2 weeks without a cell phone, we broke down and decided we needed a new one.

We were on a plan with Jason's mom (because of him working at the "family business" back last year. We just never got off the plan so we just kept the phone.) Well, we decided that it was time we just get our own plan and not have to have Kim worry about it and worry about getting $$ to her. Soooo... on Friday Jason came into my work acting all mad at me. I was like what's wrong. Finally he said, "do you like me?" I said, "um yeah I think so". Then he handed me my new pink cell phone... which HE will be paying for! Good times. New job making good money and he does this for me. It was SO nice of him! It's really a necessity that we have 2 phones so he got one for both of us. So for those of you who need my new digits here they are: 517-315-1115. Change it in your phone's memory! The other number the 517-795-4792 is no longer in exsistence. We still have our home phone and will be keeping that also.

On Thurs. night we babysat for Talan. We only got to have him for a short time because they already had a sitter lined up just needed someone for a short time. So we got to play with the little cutie. He is so sweet and is such a good baby. He seriously laughed about 10 times in the 45 mins he was here. Carson did great with him. I think he would like for him to play a little rougher but give it time! He will soon enough! I can't wait for those two to really play like boys do! Kenedey throughly enjoyed Talan. It made her miss her little brother who would sit on her lap and be sweet all the time... yeah not so much for Carson these days. He only sits on her when he wants to jump on her and beat her up! Meanie!! It was cute when we took Talan home because we put him in his infant seat and then put him and Carson in the wagon... ADORABLE!
(Carson giving Talan a ride on his "bike" sorry about the ketchup on his face he just finished dinner and he LOVES ketchup he wants it on everything!)

Speaking of Carson he has had a great week. I have to say that the temper tantrums have decreased a bit. I wouldn't say we are home free by any means, but his moods have gotten a little better. Not so much whining either.



(Carson says: Those daycare people dont know what they are in for Ha ha haaa)

So our babysitter is leaving for college on Oct. 15th so we have decided that Carson will go to daycare. I am actually very excited for him. I have had my eye on a place near 127 & US12 in the Somerset Center area. It's at a church called New Jerusalem Christian Fellowship church. It is a non denominational church and the daycare/preschool is located inside the church. I was EXTREMELY impressed with the place. I could go on and on with what I like about the place but I won't bore you. Let's just say it seems like it will be a great fit for him. Jason and I both think Carson is ready for this next step. He is such an extrovert and such a busy little person/personality I think he will adjust just fine. I think he is bored at home now. He brings me his shoes a couple of times a day to put them on because he associates that with leaving so I think he will like it that in the morning he will get to leave with us.

Kenedey is doing well. She had a little tough time this morning because she had to have her shot on Monday night and she was very nauseated this morning. Dr. Adams told me last time we talked about this nausea to give her some Mountain Dew. Imagine that a doctor telling you to give your kid Mountain Dew, especially in the morning... Go figure! But this did the trick. I think she gets low blood sugar and with the side effects it kind of magnifies it maybe... who knows... we are just glad it works. She had strep throat last week and had to stay home from school 2 days. Because she is immunosuppressed I thought it was important she was fully recovered before she went back and got plenty of rest. She has recovered well, basically back to perfect this week. She has to have her blood draw on Saturday, but she's getting good at that too.

When she gets her weekly injections she is always complaining and crying about how badly it burns when the medicine goes in... it seems to be right after. I talked to Dr. Adams about it at her last appt and she told me to get the MTX with preservative in it. We were getting the one w/o preservative in it. Well the pharmacy @ Rose City where I work was able to order it for Ken. Guess what! No burning at all. That makes it nice for Kenedey. We are up to her maintence dose now and she still seems to be responding well. This past week was her first full week without any PT and I don't think she has regressed or anything so I can see why they said she didn't need to come anymore. I wanted her to still go, but I guess if she can't build anymore skills then were doing good!

Well I think those are all the important updates! I'll keep you posted on how daycare goes. Him and I are going on Thursday together to "hang out" so he can check it out and then next week he will go two days, then 3 days the following week and then full time after that. Our sitter will stay with him for the opposite days while he eases into it. We are going to miss her SO bad. But I wish her the absolute best. I know she will miss Carson too! She has done so well with the little stinker! I couldn't have asked for a better situation with someone who has been so patient with him and helped us get him to this point. It was super important to us that he was home until he was ready to be out of home so im extremely thankful... there I go on another tangent! Ok really this is the end now!

0 comments: