CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

So help me God....

... I need help!

So I have this kid who I often refer to on here as "the monster child". I am at a lost as to what to do with this kid. He is for the most part SO freaking cute and funny and has a really fun personality... when HE wants to! First let me say that I know I know... this is probably nature/God's way of "paybacks". Well let me just tell ya... its working in the payback sense! I can hardly stand it! HE IS "THAT" kid.

Here's what set me off this time. As you know by now if you read my blog that he has been a really whiny butt over the past week. He did cut his molars and I realize that's why he wasn't feeling well. That's all fine and dandy...we can deal with that. However, WE cannot deal with his behavior at times. Last night we went to get some dinner in Adrian... (too hot to cook)and then we left and headed over to Wal-Mart to pick up a few things. All the way over to Wal-Mart he SCREAMS... no let me rephrase that... he does this annoying whine... its not even remotely a "cry". Its just an annoying, irritating, sound. We go into Wal-Mart and put him in the cart... strap him in and the 4 of us proceed to walk around. He lasts for all of about 2 minutes. Then he's wiggling out of the cart and making "that" sound. After about 5 minutes of trying to ignore him... Jason says, "Kari, please take him out and let him walk or just hold him" Yeah J's nerves SHOT at this point! LOL

So we are ready to leave and I let Carson out to walk a bit. He now is wearing 1 shoe and walking away from me in the main asile of Wal-Mart. He has ketchup in his hair and on his clothes from dinner. Note: Carson only eats things now if they have ketchup on them and he can spot a bottle of ketchup a mile away! LOL Anyway... He goes around the corner opposite of where I am walking in Wal-Mart and throws himself down on the floor and proceeds to throw a fit for no apparent reason. Are'nt kids supposed to have a reason to throw fits? Like you wont give them what they want or something? NOOOOO.... not my child. He just throws one because "he feels like it". Ugh. I ignore him so that he doesn't get the impression that "this" works. He eventually gets up and walks off again away from us. By this time Jason and Kenedey are well on their way to the check out. He is walking down the asile saying "hi" in his cutest little voice looking like a little welfare child covered in ketchup... nonetheless cute as heck. That stops for another bout of "that" sound!

I cant take this anymore... what do you guys suggest works for this behavior from a 16 month old. It really sounds like im joking above but this is just one example of it. It really gets to you after awhile and we are NOT enjoying this AT ALL. His cognitive development only extends so far as to teach him what's appropriate and whats not. One lady I work with told me that her cousin used to dump water on her kid if they threw fits like this all the time and it worked! LOL I just can't see myself doing that in the middle of Wal-Mart! LOL Im cracking up just thinking of trying to explain myself to protective services as to why I dumped H2O on my small child! LOL Ok let the comments roll!

0 comments: