CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 30, 2007

"It's a Lucielle Ball life"

Ill get to the title of this post shortly! Be sure and read about it though. In the meantime... WE ARE HERE!!! We made it last night. Our flight was on time and everything went fairly smoothly. Our flight wasn't until 9:45pm so it was a late night. Carson DIDN'T go to sleep once on the plane. In the terminal at Detroit, he was pretty good, he made friends with a little girl named Danielle near his age, and he ran up and down the terminal like a wild child. I just let him most the time hoping he would run off some of his energy since would have to sit for 3 hours.

We sat in the front "first class" seats which was well worth it. It was a actually pretty comfortable. They have these new things on the seats that keep your head from falling over if you fall asleep. That would have been great IF my son would have relaxed and gone to sleep! The lady who sat in front of us was super kind and very patient with us. She was traveling alone with her 3 kids herself and her and one of her daugthers shared their webkins animals with Carson and played with him through the seats. All in all, I wasn't totally stressed out by any means so I have to say it was a great trip.

We got here and went to bed by about 3am. Mr. Carson was WIDE awake by 8:30am! So needed to drink coffee a couple of times today to keep AWAKE! We had a little Christmas this morning and the kids got their gifts from my parents. Carson got the firetruck and absolutely loved it! Kenedey got a couple of DS games and some jammies and a couple of other things. She of course made out great!

My great grandma Grace lives down here in the winter and she had been here at my moms for the past week. So this afternoon, we took her up to her daughter's, (my grandma's) house (in Englewood) so she could finish taking her the rest of the way home. That way we could all see each other also. We had a nice little visit and Carson and Kenedey got some gifts and Carson played with their dog Sherlock! He NEEDS a dog so badly! Soon. We did a 5 generation picture. We have 5 generations of girls... and then there is Carson. We couldn't not include him! All those darn Florida people make me look transparent... err porcelin white. EWWW I need to get to the beach.

My mom and Kenedey

5 generations Grammy and Pap-Pap (my mom's mom and stepdad) Great Great Grandma Grace & Carson
We left Englewood and came back to Naples we headed over to this shopping center, I ran into Super Target to get a couple of things and look for one of these for Carson so he could swim. He has no fear of the pool when he is in it, so we really need to find one to keep him safe. We couldn't even find a life jacket. We plan to check at Wal-Mart tomorrow.

So while we were on our way home my mom calls Jimmy and asks him to put the Lasagna, which was all ready prepared, into the oven. She told him to just put the oven on 350 and pop it in. Well, because he NEVER cooks, he didn't know that the knobs are not how you turn on the oven. To turn the oven on it's digital. So... underneath the oven is a warmer... to keep things your done cooking warm. Well he turned THAT on. He called and said the house was filling with smoke and he couldn't figure out why.

We came home to my mom's house CONSUMED with smoke. He didn't shut off the oven when the smoke started, but he went and sat out on the lanai (pool area) because it was too smoky in the house. So we come in and my mom yells at me and the kids to just get out because it's too smoky. So I took the kids outside to play. Well I decided to go see if I could help at all. I come into the house and my mom can't figure out why it's still smoking. I started to open up ALL the windows and the whole time she is yelling at me to get out! If that gives you any idea of how bad it was... it was BAD.

Well, my mom suddenly starts YELLING and SCREAMING... I NEED HELP! I come running into the kitchen and the oven was ON FIRE! AHHHH. Sure enough it was. Apparently, the drawer had some potholders in it that had caught on fire. The oven wasn't even on, BUT the lower warmer drawer was and all the stuff in there was charred. It was terrible. All 3 of us were in the kitchen and my parents were yelling at each other telling each other who was more stupid for what the other had done! LOL I was yelling at them to just shut up and lets get this damn fire out! So, my mom takes a bag of flour and poor it all over the fire which gets some of it out. Then the genious that she is, gets the idea... lets pour water on it... I yell, NO you CANT use water it's an electric oven and its ON!!! So I get two towels and wet them and start hitting the fire. We extinguish most of it with the exception of one last potholder in the bottom which I grab some tongs and pluck it out and stick it in the sink. That takes care of the fire. So we began clean up! I wish we could have video taped us all acting like fools and yelling. My mom and I kind of laughed a bit tonight when we were talking about it! Sooo... see it is in face "A Lucielle Ball Life"! Leave it to US to keep things interesting!



Carson and I just hung out tonight and played for awhile and my mom and Kenedey went with Connie (my aunt), Jessica, Jack, and Lauren to see Alvin and the Chipmunks! They said it was really good!

Well, I think that sums up our 1st full day here! I am really tired and I have some reading that I want to start! I picked up this book and this book and I have intentions on reading some while im on vacation!

0 comments: