CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

fun times...

Taken around 1965

My 72 year old grandpa acting crazy!!! Gotta love this amazing man! He is the BEST!


Well not too much to blog about this week so far. I guess that's a good thing! I am really looking forward to this Saturday. We have our annual Tilden Christmas party. I used to hate Christmas in my late teens and early twenties, but for some reason the excitment of Christmas has returned and im thrilled about it.


The Tilden family is my mom's family, her dad's siblings and then all of their offspring. Lots of them will be there. The siblings all take turns hosting the party, and this year it is my mom's dads turn. We are having it at the hall across the street from me where we had Carson's first bday. The kids do crafts and we have dinner and play cards and just spend time enjoying each other. I get to see most of these people often just because I live in Onsted, where most of them also live. I feel really fortunate for that. It used to be really tough to go without my mom but she was able to make it last year so that will suffice for at least this year... next year mom... you'll probably have to come again! I think the intention this year is to have the dinner and all that stuff and then the "real" party afterwards at my Uncle Bill's house. Yeah it's pretty fun to watch them all get a little loopy and competitive in cards!

Jessi gathered recipes this year from everyone and is putting together a recipe book. I think this will be really cool for us and then our kids to have when they grow up. I intend to get two copies one for me to use and then one for my kids if they want it when they grow up! Some of it is pretty basic, but it kind of shows what we all make at this point in our lives as favs.

I was responsible for making the front page, this is pretty much all I came up with... it's pretty simple, but got some neat pictures from my great aunt. The one in the center my mom was probably around 10 or so. The one picture of my grandpa is him acting like a reindeer, him and his brother had a "reindeer" fight last year that was aparently hilarious... I had a 7 month old who needed my attention at the time, so I was not there, but the pics are pretty fun... these guys sure know how to have fun! And... they are in their 70's! Too cute!


I feel so fortunate to be able to have my grandparents around and in good health and so involved in our lives. I don't want to take that specialness for granted! So again... I can't wait for Sat. to get here!


We do a gift exchange which is like white elephant... everyone brings a gift (catergory: men's and ladies) Then we draw a number and you can "steal" one that is opened or you can open a new one... but you could be stuck with something you don't like. Being #1 is the ultimate because you can pretty much choose whatever you want and give your gift to who you "steal" from. It's really fun! Usually with the guys either fishing lures or flashlights are big hits... with the women... it's usually some type of craft type thing that we fight over! I'll let you know what I get!

0 comments: