CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 28, 2008

It's official! And here's a photo overload!





We have an accepted offer on the house!!! We signed it today!!! I have been super hesitant about posting about the house here, but we got the counter offer back from the bank (the house is a foreclosure so it's bank owned) and they only increased the price by $800 and we got everything else we asked for in our offer! (run-on sentence much?!) Woo Hoo!!! We are so excited, but trying to keep it to a dull roar until we get through the inspections and have the keys in our hands. I honestly don't think words can explain how much exciting this is for us and our little family! We feel truly blessed and are so thankful that this has worked out this far.

Here's the scoop on the house. It's on Lake Columbia. We will have lake access. This was Jason's only criteria on a house. He is so passionate about the water, boating, fishing, anything lake related that he said he would live in a shack as long as he could live on a lake. The house is a 2 story, full basement, 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, 1800 square foot, 2 1/2 car garage, 2 huge lots, huge deck off the back, lots of potential, but needs so serious aesthetic work. Because it was a foreclosure... people just don't treat these well. We are really looking forward to getting in there and replacing some of the carpet, painting everything, and replacing some of the floors. I'll keep you posted, but in the meantime here are some pictures!!! Enjoy!


Master bedroom... weird angle, but I was trying to capture how gross the carpet is. This will be ripped out on day of posession! LOL
Master bath... I like this because you have to step up 2 steps to step into the tub... it's sort of "recessed" I like it!
Someone had some lovely wallpaper taste!!!

Do you think I should keep this "flowery paper"??? LOL I'm kidding... I will rip it out instantly!!! We are going tomorrow to look at flooring for this and the kitchen! Should be fun!
Carson's room... ugh yeah again some ugly friggin' paper... what the heck was up with wall paper? I am trying to decide if I should just keep this hardwood and buy a huge rug or carpet this when we do the other 2 bedrooms... any suggestions/thoughts on that?

I don't get it how people can treat their carpet like this... eww. (this will be Kenedey's room) I think she want's to paint it pink and green... not sure how I can incorporate those two colors without making it too loud... but we will figure it out. This room is huge!
I love this room... it is right off the back yard has tons super light!!!

Eat in breakfast nook... my mother in law is really good at refinishing wood... so this table and bench will be her job!






This where the driveway comes into the you walk down the little sidewalk to the right and that takes you to the front door. The house sits on an angle on 2 corner lots.
Living room... leads into dining room
This floor will be one of the first things we take out... it's coming up in a few spots... too bad because it is a really pretty cherry color in the good spots.

4 comments:

lina said...

Congrats! What great potential! If the floors in the 2nd story are real hardwood, I would leave them if in good shape. It is hard to tell from the pictures, but they do look like they are in great shape & your idea of the area rug is a good one!
Can't wait to see picturse of progress :)

jessica said...

congratulations! it's beautiful, and looks like you have a 'few projects' to make it yours.

that room off the back with all the light is a photography dream! :)

i'm guessing the carpets and anything else that was trashed was partly because of the repo thing? have fun!

Mandy said...

I am so happy for you guys! The house looks awesome! Congrats, sweetie! Talk to you soon!

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kari. The blog link I gave you was to my blog( Elizabeth Fox)...not the photographer who took my pictures :)Sorry if I confused you!

Wow this house looks nice! I would keep the hardwood floors if they are in good shape. We have hardwood in our house except for two bedrooms. So easy to clean up spills and you don't ahve to wrry about stains on your carpet :P

Lake Columbia huh?? I know two other gals who live on that lake!

My hubby really wants a house on the lake too. We have a boat and jetski's and we practically LIVE on Wamplers Lake during the summer. Hubby would sell this house in a heartbeat if I would let him.