CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Bad Blogger!

I really have had lots I could be blogging about, just haven't "felt it"! I need to get back into the habit! Well things around here are busy as usual. We put an offer in on a house that we both REALLY liked. Unfortunately, after writing our offer we found out that another offer was already in and it was better than ours. The good thing is that my mom gave me some great advice beforehand so I was pretty prepared about the rejection of not getting the house. She said, "just remember... if you don't get it... it's JUST a house." Soooo true. I feel at peace about it not working out and I know the "right one" is just around the corner for us. I'm still really optimistic that we will be happy with which one we choose. We are back to the drawing board this weekend and going to go see some more homes. Wish us luck!

On another note, Kenedey has had a great week. She finished her 1st Nancy Drew book and LOVED it. Getting her to get AR points (acclerated reader points) has been a challenge. She's very capable, just not quick at anything! That's our girl. She is the one who knows how to stop and REALLY smell the roses! LOL So we have been steady pushing her to get 15 AR points by the end of the marking period. That's MORE THAN obtainable. I ordered her the Nancy Drew boxed set from Amazon and she got it in the mail on Tuesday. I'm so glad she found something that she REALLY enjoys.

This weekend I am going to go over to Jessi's and help her paint her kitchen. Wish us luck. I have to admit, were crazy with too many kids... do we really have any business painting? Oh well! That's us for ya, tacking projects regardless! She is painting it like a seafoam and pearl-like color. All of her accents in the kitchen are brown. I'm pretty anxious to see what it will look like.

I'm off to get my hair colored and cut this morning @ Salon Breathe! I am in desperate need of a good restyling. My hair is so think it tends to start to get "big" if I don't get it cut regularly and I am at the point now where it takes like 30 minutes to blow dry it and then I have to flat iron it to have it even look decent. Ugh. Why was I blessed with super thick hair. Trust me I'm NOT lucky! LOL

1 comments:

lina said...

Tell Ken good luck with the AR points! My oldest daughter started off a little slow out of the gate w/ the points, she is a great reader, just wasn't motivated... like Kenedey she likes to smell the roses & pick them too :)
Her 4th grade teacher put up a challenge for the student who reached the top goal of I don't know something unattainable?? 100 pts @ end of year could go to lunch @ Subway with her & she tied with another girl! Give my daughter a goal & boy she will jump, just ask her to do it & nah!

Have fun painting, sounds like you two do some fun stuff together & make some fun times with the kids!