CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Where do the days go!!!

They are flying by! Yesterday was a great Good Friday. Kenedey finally got to have a friend (this time it was planned :-) over to play. They obviously had the day off from school. I have heard Kenedey talk about "Maddie" all year from school, but they haven't officially gotten together. By the time Maddie got here, I felt like I already knew her!

Dancin' to Soulja Boy... it was pretty funny!

Great thing about Maddie is... she is NOT shy! Little miss talkative! The girls had a GREAT time together and kept very busy. They both did great with Carson, Maddie has 3 siblings all younger than her so she is of course used to the "little brother" who has to be right in the middle of everything.

The day started off with us heading into visit the house @ Lake Columbia... The girls took look at all the work we have to accomplish but both agreed that they saw the great potential that a lot of paint and some new carpet could bring to the property! It was funny watching them check everything out. Also, a lesson in how terribly people can treat their homes sometimes. That makes me sad. I can't wait to get in there and make it a nice home again. Kayla and I drove over today so I could show here where it is, and I got all upset because someone had been there to plow and shovel the driveway... I don't want anyone else looking at it! But then I realized I think it was probably the Lake Columbia stuff that they do!

Back to what I was origionally talking about! We then went into Aggies for a late lunch and arcade games for the girls. We left there and planned to go to Michael's to get some Easter crafts. On our way there, it was getting REALLY slippery. I had Jason's Jeep (thank God) so I turned on the 4 wheel drive. Within like 3 minutes the car in front of us lost control and went into the ditch and flipped. SCARY. We watched the whole thing and ran out to their car to get them out. It was a young girl who was pregnant and her boyfriend. I had already called 911 but they needed to use my phone to call their parents. I waited for a good 45 minutes for the police/rescue to get there for them. Neither one showed up. I am sure there were a lot of accidents but crazy thing is that I told 911 they would probably need an ambulance because I was sure there were injuries. I am so thankful they were OK because they wouldn't have been if it had taken rescue that long to get there.

We leave there and on our way we see another Explorer flip on a curve... people just driving too fast and it was S.L.I.C.K.

We did make it into Michael's and the girls got these cute little purses to decorate. We came home did the Easter Egg thing. The greatest thing about having two 11 year olds and a near 2 year old... they helped him and I just enjoyed watching them! Jason was working all day so he missed out on that fun stuff! By the time they got all done with their crafts and such they decided Maddie should stay the night. Well, they called her mom and they asked them if they wanted to come over to snowmobile and stay the night there. Well... I am now writing this blog at 8pm and Kenedey JUST got home! She had an absolute blast. The only time she has ever been on a snowmobile is on my Grandpa's. She came home crying because she fell off of a sled and hit her head on the ground. Ouch. She is on the couch recovering. I am pretty sure we have a severe case of EXHAUSTION!

I love Carson's face in all of these pictures... he was having such a good time!
Today has been a rather lazy day... Carson and I have just hung out, not done much of anything. It's been a great lazy day!

0 comments: