CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

That's my girl!

So today was a crazy day... took Carson and Talan to see the Easter Bunny, looked at a house, went to Target, bank, met with a bride... and the list goes on. Craziness I tell ya.

But something I really wanted to share today is KENEDEY! She got a nice butt chewin' when I got home. She beat me home today after school. Our home phone was acting weird so I couldn't talk to her. I have been picking her up at school the last few days because she needed to increase her AR (acclerated reader) points at school so that gave her time to accomplish that. Well, when I get home, I come walking up and realize that she has... BROUGHT HOME A FRIEND with her... NICE, just what I wanted to walk into. Keep in mind I already had the 2 boys and Taylor was being dropped off... just what I need another freakin kid. Yeah.

I was on my cell trying to finish up an important phone call when I pulled in the driveway to pick her up. We needed to go get my cousin's dog from the vet's office and out walks Kenedey... no shoes, a tshirt, 2 towels spread on the ground OUTSIDE, and I tell her to watch the boys really quickly so I can run inside to get the phone number to the vet's office. I planned to call them en route. Well she and her little buddy decide to go WAKE the sleeping boys in the car. UGH I could have killed them. Both boys were exhausted from all we had done for the day and really needed that nap. I bring everyone inside and start my "rampage" at Kenedey. I was so frustrated and felt like she was taking advantage of the situtation of me being home. I really am glad that she wants to bring friends over, but this doesn't work just showing up with someone. NOPE. I made her tell her friend she had to go. Plus... tell me why this girls parents don't care if she doesn't come straight home from school??? 5th grade and you let her act like she's a teenager... weird.

All of this ended up me getting my point across to Kenedey that this situation wasn't appropriate. She was eventually fine with that and I felt like she got the point. UGH... this is only 5th grade... im so scared about what middle school will bring. Yikes!!! Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Just wanted to say hi-found you from Susan W's blog. ( I have super thick hair too -and a 3 yr old boy)-live in MN

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.