CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

A HUGE step for me

So tonight we had a surprise birthday party for Jason's aunt, uncle, and cousin. It was a really great party, dancing, DJ, karaoke, food, etc. however, Kenedey and her cousin Chase were sort of bored there. So they (with the help of their Aunt Nikki) asked if they could go to Allskate. Now, those of you who know Kenedey and I, I keep her pretty close to me all the time and she is pretty attached to my hip.... yes even at 11 years old... that's just who she is. She is beginning to venture out without a problem but this was a big leap of faith for me!

She went to Allskate (a skating rink) in Jackson... just her and Chase all.by.themselves. They had their cell phones to call us anytime. Chase has done this several times and no problems for him! So they went from 7pm - 10:30pm! Kenedey called once just to check in and then at 10:15 I called her to let her know I was on my way... they said they weren't ready to leave! Go figure! Once they got in the car, Ken said her legs were hurting her! NO DOUBT... 3 hours on roller blades, my legs would hurt to!

So I'm giving myself a pat on the back for giving my daugther the chance to venture out without me watching from afar! I'm glad it's over, but also proud that she is willing, capable, and responsible enough to do this kind of thing now!

1 comments:

jane said...

Allskate, now thats a blast from the past. I didn't know kids still did that, on rollerblades no less. Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday, let me know when the next one is and I will be there.