CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 8, 2008

I seriously thought....

that the Lucielle Ball life deal was getting better. Well, just when I thought that things were running smoothly another crazy deal happens!

So as you know by now my cousin Jessica and I spend a lot of time together. We are both our moms (they are sisters) only children so really she feels a little bit more like a sister to me. Anyway, she has been telling me for sometime that she thinks there is a mouse in her house. She ended up catching one last week in a trap she put under her sink.

Well, today she went and bought more traps. We were hanging out in her living room this evening and all the sudden we hear a *SNAP*... yeah gottem'!!!!

After a whole lot of FREAKING out, us jumping around with the friggin heebe geebies we look at the mouse and I am pretty sure this thing is a mama. Boobs. Jessi watches it flop around and we freak out even more. That had to be comical us chicks FREAKING out over a little mouse.

Well, then just a little awhile ago I decided I would set another trap and put it in her daugthers room. Lauren has been telling us that she saw a black mouse in her room and it ate her food off her princess plate in her room... keep in mind Lauren is only 2. I don't think she is capable of fabricating this story. Joke around here is that Lauren has a friend! EWWWW! Ugh I hate MICE!

Jessi told me the other day she had pizza rolls sitting on the stove and like 3 were left and she went to bed and didn't throw them away... low and behold she wakes up in the morning and the mysterious pizza rolls have vanished! Sneaky little mice.

Earlier this evening I set another trap and put it on top of her stove again. I was sitting here surfing the net and Jessi was watching Law and Order, all the sudden we hear wrestling sound coming from the kitchen... wadda ya know, we go to check out the situation and we don't even see the trap. It's GONE!

After us freaking out some more and dancing around the kitchen, Jes sees it behind a pan of brownies that she has covered up setting on the back burner. She hasn't thrown them away thinking maybe it would "bait" the mouse. Well the trap was now hidden behind the brownie pan. I told her that I didn't put it there. So we reposition the trap and leave... not 5 minutes later as I had started this post, we hear the same rustling sound... and *SNAP*. We were like woo hoo, gottem!!!

NOT SO MUCH! The trap had been hit, but no mouse this time. It looks like the mouse is trying to get away with the trap. She has peanut butter on it so it really can't take off with the loot. It's reset and now we WAIT... I didn't have plans to go home tonight but, I think I will rethink that!!! I'll keep you posted on our success or failure!!! Every little sound we hear now we think is the mouse. I feel like James Bond!
mouse

2 comments:

lina said...

Eeeew! Good luck with that! We had an issue a few years ago with mice in our drop ceiling & I swear I wanted to catch one & strap a nanny-cam to the little suckers & see where they were coming in! I caught a whole lot, it was insane...
The traps that work great are the Victor 2 pack plastic traps, the kind you squeeze like a clothes pin. You can also set up sticky paper that traps the mouse by their feet, but you would have to kill them once you catch them-squirmy? Not a good idea!
Again, good luck & happy hunting!

Mandy said...

I hate mice too! I scream like a crazy lady! Miss you and hope to talk to you soon!