CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 9, 2007

I dont know why but the title part to my blog isnt working for some strange reason. Anyway... today's post is: A relaxing end to a hairy Monday.
Yesterday was SO hot I think it reached about 100 degress in the sun. We stayed inside all day. Just too hot for Carson to be outside. Kenedey can handle it because she knows not to stay out long and just chill... but with him being NON-STOP he gets little red cheeks very quickly. So he was pretty much a monster child yesterday just getting into everything he shouldn't. Proabably bored being inside all day! Whats new?!

Today back to work as usual... I hate that place today! Oh wait I say that more than I should don't I. Well here's what happened today. My coworker lets just call her "Petunia" to protect the innocent! LOL Anyway... another coworker was on vacation last week well call her "Mrs. Do all for Petunia" God I hope they dont read this... .im really going out on a limb here. Anyway Mrs. Do-all was gone so petunia had instruments to auto clave... for those of you who don't know thats how you clean insturments from surgical procedures. I was there on Monday but on Tues I was gone and then wed. was the 4th. I went to work on Thurs. 1st thing of the day and right off the bat we had an office surgery. Not uncommon for a Thurs. morning. So we are getting stuff out to do the procedure and NO CLEAN INSTRUMENTS. Well our boss (office manager) was really upset because apparently on Tues when I wasn't there they were supposed to do the autoclaving and didn't... rather Petunia said she would and didn't. Therefore Dr. R doesn't have what he needs.... dun dun dun dunnnnnn... not a good senario. I scramble to find more and borrow a surgical kit from our other office upstairs and the whole thing works out as one big cluster but we get it done and the patient is satisfied. Well thats all good... well the topic comes back out today. Somehow Petunia and Mrs. Do-all find the "mess" of autoclave that now has all been rearranged by our office manager and myself. They were pissed because they couldn't find where stuff was and who's was what and all that crap. FYI our office does the autoclave for the other 2 offices thus the confusion on who's instruments were who's. Rather than ask questions the two twits just start feeding accusations of whose fault this must be and low and behold guess who!!! No one but ME! What's new im used to it... see the funny thing is... I wasn't even there. But hey its cool ive got broad shoulders. Well our office manager steps in and clears things up that Petunia DIDNT DO HER JOB... SHOCKER!!! Kari wasn't even there. See Mrs. Do all covers Petunias ass all day everyday so no one notices that Petunia is a worthless piece of $%^$ I mean trash... oops did I say that! Sorry this has turned into a complaint department... but gosh why are these women so....UGH... once again... cool its my fault and I get the silent treatment for probably the next week to 2 weeks. RETARTED DRAMA Sounds fun doesn't it. Oh well. I'll just continue to enjoy the patients.

Speaking of patients... one lady... her name is Carolyn and her husband brought me in a gift today. It was a thank you gift and it was SO nice. It was a Vera Bradley type bag and she had my name embroidered on the bag. Its a purple paisley type with my name embroidered in white... SO NICE! Im not a good accepter of gifts... id much rather give.... I enjoy seeing people get something nice... but seriously it was so kind and incredibly generous. This lady is not a healthy woman and how she ever found the time to think of me I will never know... she is one of those people who keeps her chin up all the time no matter how sick she is and let me tell you sometimes she is incredibly ill. She tells me these cute stories of how handsome and sexy this or that man is all while her adoring husband sits by her and dotes all over her! They are so cute! They have been married many years.... i think nearly 40 or maybe more. Anyway.... they have such a loving relationship and both are so comfortable in their roles in their marriage. Just neat to see. Anyway... again it was so nice of her to be so nice to me.

After work my cousin Jessica came and picked up my kiddos and met me at my grandparents lake house. We had dinner there and then my PapPap took us out on the pontoon. It was a GREAT night to be at the lake. We went swimming and let me tell you Carson loves the water. He cried as we slowly drove out to where we could swim because we were too slow for him he wanted to get it in... mind you he has NO concept of he would drown if I just let him go! Doesn't stop him! We got to where it was VERY deep and I was the first to dive it! REFRESHING! Not a bit cold! We swam with the kids and had a great time. I hadn't seen my PapPap in a long time and he had never seen Carson. It was neat... I think they really hit it off... with the exception of Carson's whining... who wants to hear that. They have a little Jack Russell named Sherlock and Carson loved that dog. Anyway... it was a really nice time hanging out with them, I enjoyed their company. We used to be really close but somethings change you know... so it was good to be back in good company.

Kenedey had a great time while she fished for fishies with a net at the end of the dock after swimming. She probably caught 30 fish total... she threw all of them back or they jumped back in from the bucket. I caught 3 and it was bittersweet because I used to do that so many times when my parents and I lived there @ that very house more than 12 years and more ago! The smell of the water at the end of the dock was EXACTLY the same! Strange how a place like that can bring back a memory or two. Those were good summers out there chasing the boys I think their names were Jason and Justin and riding Jet Skis and catching fish! Oh to have those days again! LOL I didn't have my camera because I didn't get the call to come out until I was at work and Jessi picked up the kids for me at my house, bummer about the camera!

I talked to my mom about Grandma Grace tonight, she is coming into the office on Thurs for a recheck appointment. She is turning out to be not the most compliant of patients! I have to pretty much TELL her what to do and when to do it or she doesn't do it. I guess I really don't mind I figure its the least I can do for her... for godsake she is 88. She is not feeling 100% yet, so ill know more after Thurs to see if she is healing up and what the next steps are if any. She's still my cute little grandma that im so lucky to have and know.

Well ive rambled enough for tonight... Im going to do some work on my blog and see what else I can add to interest all you lurkers out there who don't leave me comments! Cool thanks!

I leave you with some pics of Carson watching Chugga on the computer. It's this song on playhouse Disney that he is obsessed with. You can check it out at playhouse disney.com if your interested! LOl But all he says is SSSHHH Ahhh... shhh ahhh... very cute! Ill try to record it and put it on here sometime! Not tonight though!
obsess much!

Also some pics of Carson beating up his big sister... you think im kidding right... WELL IM NOT! He is a mean little bugger... not so much mean as he is rough and tough... who knew he would be this way? UGH... what are we going to do? Imagine if his sister was only like 2 years older or so... in that case she would be lucky to be alive with how rough he is... Good thing Kenedey can hold her own most of the time. Although she should tell him no more... she is just too tolerant of him. Ill have to tell her now that I think about it that she needs to not be so tolerant or else he will think he can treat other kids that way. Good idea! Night and peace out girl scout!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kari~

I found your blog through Nicole Barczak's site & have been lurking/reading a bit. Sounds like your co-workers are real peaches! Good luck in that area. Remember that camera-the pics are fun :)

Anonymous said...

I thought things cooled down at the office!I could feel the icecycles on the Wed. before the 4th.