CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

more house thoughts...

I am getting to the point where I can't sleep because of this house thing. I woke up at like 3am because I heard the garbage truck and had to go find out why in the heck at that hour he needs to be SO loud. I don't think he cared that I stood in the window and cursed his noisyness! I went back to bed and laid there for like the next few hours until Jason got up and thought about house stuff. I think what got me worked up was before I went to bed I realized we only have 9 more days til' closing and then the serious work begins. We have TONS to do. But I am really getting excited about watching the changes happen.

Today I have been thinking about the bathrooms. The 1/2 bath down stairs in just off the entryway hall. It has a vanity and toilet and mirrow and some REALLY ugly wallpaper. My mother-in-law and father-in-law came out last night to look at the floor to see if they could help with that. We are going to go ahead and cover the living room and formal dining area with carpet. We are going with the same carpet throughout. (2 of the bedrooms, the stairway, hallway upstairs, and the living room/dining area) Carson's room will remain hardwood, I think I will just get him a big rug for his floor.

Anyway... back to the bathrooms; I think I like this color, I really want something bright, simple, clean feel for the 1/2 bath. I think I like this color... what to do you think?
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p10807/index.cfm?pkey=gTHMBMB ( I really like the orange accents with this one.

also thought about this, but I think I want brighter!
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/p9861/index.cfm?pkey=gTHMBMA

Now the entry way: The bottom wall has wainescoting (sp?) I intend to leave that natural wood color, and maybe paint the walls just a cream to a light beige color. Just go basic in this area. It will have wood laminate floors. Is going cream in this area and up the stairs just too boring? It's a hallway, stairway, and then leading to the upstairs hallway. I should invest in paint... we are going to need SO MUCH paint! The good news is, my mother in law did say last night that she would come help with wall paper removal... FANTASTIC. She said, no painting or anything like that, but she will take it down. She has a steamer. Kathy (my cousin, Kayla's mom) said that she would also help with it and if we need to do texturizing (mainly in the upstairs hallway, and staircase) that she knew how to do that. I will for sure be needed help there.

I don't think I have updated that we had the inspection this week. The main thing they said, was the furnace should be replaced. He said it has a hole/rust in the heat exchanger. Also the hot water heater, and the windows should also be replaced. The good news is... the roof is in good condition and was done sometime within the last 5 years. He said it does look really good. Yeah!!! I was really upset about the furnace at first, but then I got thinking about it and we don't have central air right now, and will want it. So, this gives us an opportunity to go ahead with that... Plus at least we know it's safe/new. Now I just sit and wait for estimates... good times. Wish me luck and rest too! I can't go without sleep for very long! LOL

0 comments: