CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Keeping Busy













It's been a busy week. I am loving the weather. I almost had the thought today, to say... "it's hot!". We were at the park in the heat of the noon sun, and chasing kids around... then I thought better of it and decided that would sound like I was complaining and Mother Nature would hear me and dump snow on me! So I just decided to enjoy being "WARM"!

Talan, Carson and I met up with my friend Mandy, she lives in Saline, so we don't get to see them as often as we would like to. They had to go into Jackson today so we decided to meet up with them. Mandy has 2 little guys who have made it to this blog before, Cade & Colton. They are the cutest little dudes!

Carson was Mr. Clingy at the park and I really can't say that he had fun. Why in the world does he want me to hold him when he has a buddy or 2 to play with and a HUGE park with all kinds of great things to do. I can't say it was much fun dealing with him! Talan did pretty darn good. He hasn't been feeling the greatest but he was a trooper!

I tried taking pictures of all the boys, however, because I was mostly holding either Carson or Talan they didn't make it to the screen very often!

Ken had softball again tonight. We had to run into Dunham's after school to pick up sliding shorts, a smaller bat, a larger ball, socks, a knee pad... yeah over $100 later... again.... she is finally set on softball equipment. She is so enjoying this and I am so happy for her. Yesterday she and my cousin Jessi went to the batting cages and that really helped Ken gain confidence. Thanks again Jes for helping her out. She got a base hit today at practice and even made it home! She was pretty happy with that!

Tomorrow I just have plans to hang out at home (obviously take care of Talan and Carson too) and hopefully get the motivation to get some packing done. I did clean out Carson's closet tonight... watch out jen more stuff is headed your way. The one nice thing about moving is you sure do get the opportunity to weed through the junk and boy have my kids accumulated!!! I
can't wait to get OUT.OF.HERE!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you found my blog - I love having new blogs to check.

And you are right, from reading your posts, I do think we parent alike! How old is your little guy? I know Morgan went through that real pain in the butt stage from about 16-20 months, seriously I wanted to sell him on eBay.

Consistancy is totally the key. It's hard when they are going through that because it feels like it's not working but it is - and once they work themselves out of that stage, it does pay off.

I found too that when he was driving me crazy, I was raising my voice and that totally made things worse. Now I get in his face but say things very matter of fact and he always has a choice - shape up or time out etc. The choice thing was HUGE - once he felt he was getting some power, the battles stopped. If he chooses to shape up, fine. If he chooses time out, fine. He still hasn't put it together that he will still have to apologize or whatever regardless though! HAHA

Mandy said...

Kari,
Those pics are so cute! It was so fun meeting up with you! Thank you for all of your help! You're the best!