CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I haven't felt much like...

blogging lately, however, I figured I better get on that or else I will have phone calls asking me what is wrong!
I am getting some of the final things/estimates done for the house. Met with another carpet guy to do measurements (Home Depot) today. I am hoping for a really good price. Yeah we shall see about that. I have all the estimates that we HAVE to have, so now we will continue to "shop" for better prices.
Carson's Birthday party is on Sat. I keep feeling like I am not doing something that I should be doing, but that is because we are doing it at Chelsea Treehouse and they pretty much do everything. Cleanup, a helper, the food, keep the kids busy. Sounds great to me. I really needed something with very little stress this year with all the house stuff going on I would have been a lot more stressed! So... Thank You Chelsea Treehouse!

I have been thinking lately about my little Kenedey who is near the end of her elementary years. When she started Elementary, I would have NEVER thought it would fly by so fast. I always go and work the book fair at the school in the fall and then again in the spring. When I was volunteering at it last week, I got a little misty eyed when I started to think that she will no longer be part of that library! She will just be in another building, but still! I guess it makes it a little easier knowing that Carson will also go to school there and I will still get to feel "part" of the elem. school then, but my little Miss Kenedey is going onto another step in her little life. I think what scares me the most is that.... if Elementary school went THIS fast we only have THIS much time left to get her through Middle & High School. Wow. I guess I am beginning to understand what people mean when they say, "you blink and before you know it, they are grown." I so so so want to cherish the moments I do have. Ken is slipping further and further away from me and by that I mean she is just becoming more and more her own person. She doesn't need to consult me on every.little.thing! I've said before that she has always stayed pretty close to my side and needed me to help her make every decisions. Partly because she is shy.

Up until a few months ago, we still had a horrible time getting her to tell the waiter at a restraunt what SHE wanted to eat! She always wanted us to do it for her! The thing that I am most proud of right now, is the fact that I do feel her slipping away a bit and the great thing is that it feels healthy. Such a good feeling for a mommy. She has a great friend that she has gotten really close to this year (Maddie, aka, Madeline, aka Large Marge :-) wink wink Mad!). Maddie is very outgoing, very confident, has a great family, and is of course loads of fun yet still very grounded in her values and has great parents behind her. It's such a great thing because Kenedey found Maddie and they clicked and that really says something about who my little girl is becoming. She even has the tools or wits, whatever you want to say, to choose great friends. I am so proud of her!

Wow it's so easy to babble about my kids! Sorry I know I am being all mushy! What can I say I'm a sap!
On a lighter note, Ken is still REALLY enjoying softball. She asks to go to the batting cages whenever they don't have practice. She has her first softball game on Monday, which is extra awesome because my mom will be up(from Florida) to see it!

Also, Kenedey, Maddie, and another classmate named Brittney have signed up for the school talent show! I am sure I will keep you posted on all that! Should be fun times! Can you imagine three 5th graders getting all into this! Wow!
BTW... those of you who have complimented the invite I made for Carson's bday, I used the new Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus software!!! Seriously it took me maybe 3 minutes. Let me know if you are interested!

1 comments:

Libby said...

Kari - I have a tip for you on a carpet guy. There is a little shop in North Adams - I think it's called North Adams Furniture. The owner guy is fantastic! They came and gave us an estimate - and we were able to get better quality and a good price (about the same price as the cheap carpet at Lowes). The installers were great! If they came all the way to Jackson - they'll go to your new house! Good Luck!

Libby

btw - we also bought a bunch of furniture from him too. He orders everything and anything. We got some great quality bedroom furniture at a FANTASTIC price. Their shop isn't much to see - but they do a fantastic job!