CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 14, 2008

fun stuff

If you live anywhere near me you have to check out the website: yahoo groups: Jackson freecycle

I am now enjoying garage sales from my internet! I love to see what others junk can be other treasures. This morning there was one on there for a 7 person hot tub in very good working condition.. Had we been in the new house by now I would have hot footed it over and picked that sucker up!

I went today to Columbia Interiors and picked up some flooring and carpeting samples. I am so bad about making decisions like this so wish me luck. I think we are going to go with a wood laminate floor for the foyer, hallway, kitchen, and breakfast nook. Just not sure which shade of wood to go with. The carpet I am trying to debate is the "shag" stuff. I found one I like that is like a sand color I think it's called beachside and another is called highlights. I'll let you know what I decide. This carpet is "green"/eco friendly. It is supposed to be made from recycled pop bottles and stuff like that! It's not the softest of the shag like carpets, but it is very nice. It's only $3.40/ sq foot... is that a deal? I have no idea. The others I like that were REALLY soft were about $5.00/ sq ft. and more. but the look was comparable.

Have any of you out there put "shag" like in your homes? If so how did it wear? I am not so worried about the bedrooms and stuff, but more about the hallway and stairs where it will be going.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi hon,
Great talking to you today! I think the wood laminate sounds awesome! The shag sounds good too! We have some friends that have it and it has worn pretty well- I mean it still looks good after some wear from kids and stuff. Let me know what you decide!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love freecycle. Im also addicted to jackson swap shop as well.
I sold one of Risten's old ds games for 12.00 woohoo thats better than I could get on trade somewhere.

Mandy said...

Kari,
So sorry I didn't call you back yet! Got your message late last night and didn't want to call to late! Today is my mom's birthday so we have been hanging out! Talk to you soon! I loved American Idol last night too, but I taped it and watched it really late!