CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 29, 2007

SOOOOO much catching up to do!!

So had pretty much the most amazing weekend ever. I cannot think of anything I have enjoyed quite the way I did this past weekend. We went to the Great Wolf Lodge in Traverse City . It was WAY more than I ever expected it to be.

The kids had an absolutely incredible time. My mom came up from Florida for a visit and took us all up there. Mom, me, Jason, Kenedey (and her friend Myriah), Carson, Jessica, Lauren, Jack, Angie, Zach (and his friend Max). We had one room the 1st night and just hung out at the waterpark when we got there and settled in. Angie, Zach and his friend Max came up Saturday morning. We truly didn't see much of the older kids who had their friends. There is SO much to do for the kids that they were too busy to spend time with us!!! But I think Kenedey and her friend Myriah had an incredible time. I knew I had a good time, but as I told people about it at work it was aparent to me that I had an even better time the more I talked about it! On Saturday Jessica and I went and had an hour long deep tissue massage at their Spa called, ELEMENTS. It was an Aveda concept salon and they did an incredible job. My mom and Ang also went after us, but we couldn't all go at the same time... someone had to watch the little kids! They had massages and pedicures! Pretty feet!

After Carson went down for his nap on Saturday, he woke up with a raging fever. He was on fire. Who knew... on vacation... someone sick... never fails. Because he was super lethargic, so hot and away from home without thermometers and things to make him comfortable, we decided to go over across the street from the lodge to a place called The Walk-In Clinic. It was excellent. Everything checked out Ok. When we got there we felt like we had jumped the gun because we had given him Motrin about an hour before we left to go. He was acting fine and no fever once we got there. Go figure!! They checked him all out and said he was fine. I was mostly concerned that he had an ear infection, but they said his ears were clear. So we just gave him Motrin every 6 hours and stayed on top of it and he was ok. Sunday morning he woke up not too happy because of the fever and feeling bad. We got him back to sleep after some motrin. At that point I was SO happy that we went to the walk in because at least @ 6am I knew at least he wasn't super sick. Jason took him down to the waterpark while I went and shopped at the gift shop and got all of our stuff together and showered. I had a pedicure scheduled at 12:30 and Jason decided it would be best if he took Carson and headed home to Onsted. So they loaded up and went home. We stayed until about 2 by the time we could actually get out of there!!! We did pictures and all kinds of fun stuff before we actually left.

Once we left the lodge Angie took us over to one of her favorite winery's. We stopped at the bay on the way just so I could take some pics and the kiddos threw rocks!! We got to the winery and that place was GORGEOUS.... STUNNING... AMAZING... you name it... INCREDIBLE. Just the most beautiful gounds I have seen! I throughly enjoyed that. We did some wine tasteing there while the kids went to visit the farmers market and animals. We left there and went to eat at a place that was on the bay... It was gorgeous also. I love the Traverse City area... everywhere in the fall up there is so pretty, especially near the water.

So needless to say it was a great weekend. I hope we make it a yearly thing! *wink *wink

Enjoy the show!!!


0 comments: