CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Priorities...

Tonight this blog is my #1 priority. I haven't had a chance to even TRY to blog over the last few nights. I have had thoughts all day of stuff I wanted to get written down here, but I have been so busy it has taken a backseat to everything else.

Carson came down with hand, foot, and mouth disease on Monday. The daycare called me an hour and a half after I dropped him off and said he had blisters all over his hands and feet. I had noticed the night before that he had a diaper rash, but I just thought it was because he might be getting another tooth. I just put some desitin on it and called it good. It didn't look much better in the morning but I put more desitin on it and it didn't seem to bother him and off we went about our morning/day. Well, I got to the daycare and sure enough. He was very fussy while I drove him back into Jackson to see Dr. Robertson. Dr. R confirmed in fact it was a viral infection but he was not exactly sure what EXACTLY it was. Likely, hand foot and mouth but tough to say for sure.

Carson got worse over the rest of the day and then even worse on Tues. He didn't eat hardly anything on Tues and was very fussy. Nothing made him happy. He had some blisters on his lips by Tues so im sure there were some in his mouth. I used orajel, didn't really help. I guess this is just something we have to wait out. Dr. R did put him on an antibiotic because the worst part was on his butt and he was worried about infection and he also had a mild ear infection. He ran a slight fever, but we just treated that and the pain with Tylenol/Motrin.

Tonight when I got home from work he was a lot better. His skin still looks bad, but is for sure on the road to recovery. Im sure it will take some time. I dont think I will send him to daycare still on Friday. Tomorrow is Mandee's last day of babysitting and she watched him today. I can't tell you how much I am going to miss having her come in every morning and chit chat. Jason's mom is probably going to watch him on Friday, unless he looks like 90% better then we will send him. I doubt it though.

Kenedey is doing MEAP testing at school this week. She is worn out from it. She was also pretty sick on Monday. I think from her shot though and maybe her body trying to fight off the possiblity of getting that hand foot and mouth. So far she is in the clear. From what I read, most older kids and adults don't get it or at least don't have any symptoms. I think the MEAP is wearing her out (all that thinking ;-) she came home this evening and napped! She needs her rest!

I have intentions of trying to watch Private Practice tonight. I never watch any shows anymore or any TV for that matter except one show on Monday nights for an half hour (The Hills) and the season finale is this coming Monday so im looking for a new show to look forward to. I'll let you know what I think.

I made some yummy Choc. Chip Cookies last night. Something about fall gets me in the mood to bake. I am no good at cooking other than the basics. I suck at coming up with menu ideas. But baking... I LOVE to bake! I like to light the kitchen candles and have the oven on and bake... ahhh so relaxing! Weird!

Ok, so on to the next priority. I have some pictures to put together for a friend with a new baby and Private Practice and catching up on my 2 magazines (Parents & Parenting) and then 1 more load of laundry to fold! Good times... at least the kitchen is already clean and vacuuming is done for the day! It never ends!

0 comments: