CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 28, 2007

So much to talk about!

I've been thinking all day about how i'm going to blog all the stuff that I want to get on here. It's been a busy/great Memorial Day weekend. Friday evening started out pretty calm. But Sat. morning we hung out at home, then got ready to go to Rayel (my cousin) open house. We went over there about 3 or so. Visited with people, saw family I haven't seen in awhile. aka my Grammy (moms mom)
Grammy and kids, not the best pic but it was tough to get cooperation!


We left there around 5 then came home to make a mad dash to get ready to drive down to Ohio to see my mom at their place there. I first need to say that I LOVE OHIO. Well at least the area where the home that they have is. It's called Bremen and it's just so quaint, relaxing and beautiful. My mom and I worked super hard on the house because they are trying to sell it. They don't make it up there enough to make it worth while for them to see having such a nice place they really can't enjoy. It's a great house to have kids at when they are young... lots of exploring to do and great places to play!







Kenedey & Taylor

The most wonderful part about the whole trip was that I got to see my nephew's who I haven't seen in about 2 years. The understandably didn't know who I was, but it was awesome to see them. Their names are Harrison (4 1/2) and Henry (3 1/2). Two COMPLETELY different personalities! So fun! What I enjoyed most about Harrison is his silliness! The kid really enjoys being silly! He smiles a lot has a lot of personality to share and is really sweet for the most part. He was very nice with Carson and wanted to help him out when he could. Last night Harrison came inside the house while my mom and I were cleaning out the garage. Carson had a terrible time trying to go to sleep and cried for a long time before he actually fell asleep. This morning Harrison told me that he went in there with Carson to help calm him down, but it didn't help. I thought oh no wonder! Harri probably played with him for a bit and then left! Too cute. He meant well.

Harrison (he really enjoyed cooking with me!)

Henry is a whole nother story. He was very reserved and not too quick to be my friend! He came around over the next few hours after we got there and wanted me to snuggle with him to help him get to sleep, but he really likes my mom! He doesn't say much so he seems shy! He has this deep voice and kind of sweetly drags out his words... aww the cute guy! He is a total toe head with that blonde hair. He says he wants to be a hippy and grow it long. Cute! Henry

We had a decent drive down there and back. The traffic wasn't bad, but tons of Pigs (cops). I counted 28 on the way home. Those were just ones that had cars pulled over. Ugh. Carson stayed awake the entire ride down there (4 hours). Taylor Hutchinson came with us, and they were SO good. Her and Ken got along great and played well with all the boys. No behavior problems with the exception of Harrison punching Taylor in the chest. I still don't know why he did that. Must have gotten mad at her about something.


On Fri afternoon, I decided to cut Carson's hair. First let me say. I've decided I don't like it. Thank God he's a boy and it will grow back in just a few weeks. But I shaved it with a #3 guard the entire head. He looks older, the only good part is I know he has to be cooler! Some people said they liked it, probably lying! Others didn't say much. But tonight both Jason and I said we didn't like it. Guess we won't do that again! Oh well live and learn!

Once we got home tonight we went to the farm to visit my Grandma Grace and check in on her. Then we went over to the beach bar to get a quick dinner. The food sucked. Ken and I just had soup and salad, Jason had a ruben. Nothing about any of it was good. After we ate we went across the street to the beach on Clark Lake. Carson got in the water with Jason, he screamed, I'm sure it was FREEZING! He played on the beach in the sand! He really enjoys the sand. I only got one pic once we went outside because my battery died. It had been off the charger the entire weekend. Regardless it was cute!



I have more pics of the kids from the weekend to share, but ill do more tomorrow. Don't want to overwhelm you! I thoroughly enjoyed hanging with my mom as usual. I am so lucky to have such a great mom. She's just an incredible person in so many ways. How many people do you know that would take 5 kids on like that and just go with the flow. She doesn't even get stressed out with them. Carson alone was enough to drive me crazy! LOl Anyway it was a great weekend! Hope you all enjoyed yours too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohh! Look how cute those pigtails are!! I'm bummed she didn't make it to round 2. You will definitely have to have her submit her for my next contest!!!