CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 8, 2007

Gramma Grace

So you have probably heard me blog about my Great Grandma Grace. She is a lady who is very near and dear to my heart. I adore the woman and I am so thankful that she is my Grandmother. I decided to write about her because I went over to visit her tonight. I haven't spent much time over the past week with her because of being so busy with all the stuff with Jason's grandma passing, but I was glad to see her tonight. For those of you who don't know her, let me paint you a picture of who this wonderful lady is. She is a rapidly approaching 88 year old, white haired, kind, cute, smiley, quirky, grandma type lady. She looks amazing for being just a few days from 88. I was thinking tonight on my way home from her house how lucky I am to have her in my life. If you have ever heard the song that goes... "I wanna leave a legacy, how will they remember me, did I choose to live?" I have thought about that in her case. She has certainly left a legacy that I am noticing. She was all upset tonight about her church and told me all about the dwindling congregation and she is really sad about how the church and its people are going now. She drives a couple of times a week into town (Onsted) to go to the senior center to chat with her friends, play cards, Yahtzee, eat lunch and things of that nature. I am so impressed with her that she does this. I wanted to take Carson out to the barn at her house tonight so he could see the pigs and cows, so she walked out there with me. She took a walker with her just to be safe... the ground is uneven and she doesn't want to fall. Its so hard to see her need her walker because I still see the vibrant lady who can do it all, although I know she cant and shouldn't. Anyway... she is just so precious to me. I am so thankful for who she is and the person she is in our family. I see so much of her in all of the women in our family. She has such a sweet spirit and I just want everyone to know how much I love her! I know I'm crazy, but my heart just loves her so much! :-)


Kenedey loves to go out to the barn. She is right at home out there. She always has to go roll down the hill in the front yard each time she is there. I wish I had grabbed my camera and taken some pics out there tonight, but like a dummy I forgot it. Ken finished her last day of 4th grade! YEAH!! She is no longer a student of the dreaded Mrs. Tomlin. Her teacher was tough. I'm glad its over too! We are so proud of her for doing so well this year and keeping her stamina through the year.... it was a long tedious trying year in that class room... however she did enjoy herself still and thrived. What a COOL KID! Go Ken! I let her take my camera to school today... I know I was brave letting her do so, but what the heck I thought I could trust her and she did a good job taking care of it. Here are some pics of friends she took.


I got her a little surprise for her last day I brought home a window paint kit. Its actually this cool glue like stuff that you can put on windows/mirrors etc. Its an artsy type of thing, totally a Ken thing. So I took some pics of her doing that. She's so sweet. You can see here the difference I am learning in this manual photography thing as I change the settings on my camera. It's a lot of work with all different kinds of things you want to do... its getting more complex all the time, but I like the challenge.
Pretty cool to see the difference isn't it?
Carson was the usual busy body and whiner at Grandma's. He got tired though and was ready for bed when we got home. He was not afraid to touch the cows and pigs. He wasn't as excited about it as Ken gets though! He is walking so well now. At 13 months he says, mama, dada, Kenedey (it sounds something like led-a-ded-a-le) but you know its Kenedey, thank you (tee-tu), nooooo, yeah, eye (he points to everyone's eye), mmmm (yum). Im sure theres more but thats what comes to mind. He signs all done and is starting to use the thank you sign and I love you... we are working on it. He is walking really well now... still looks a little drunk as he walks, but its getting better everyday. He sleeps about 11 hours at night and takes about 1-2 naps a day (about 3 hours total) depending on how long the first one lasts. He loves to eat fruit... I would have to say blueberries are probably his fav with watermelon following a close second. He loves peas, but hates green beans... he throws those on the floor. He like eggs best for breakfast with a little cheese in them. He eats pretty much whatever we have for meals. So that's Carson right now in a nutshell... when he's not playing with the phone or his little people bus, he's whining! And I chose to do the infant/toddler years again after 9 years why? Oh thats right because he's loads of fun! I'll just keep telling myself that! No really he is a absolute joy!

I ran over to Jo-ann fabrics and Michaels today on my lunch to see if I could find this cropper hopper thing for paper that I am looking for, for travel purposes. Paper is a huge issue to take anywhere when I scrapbook so ive got to come up with a new way to transport all that paper. Anyway I really didnt have any luck at either store. There are some sensible solutions for both of them, however nothing that I was like I have to have that for this reason. I will keep looking. I had a coupon though so I got a book on Photography for scrapbookers... sounded like it was right up my alley and turns out it is. I have read a few pages of it this evening and its going to help me alot I think. I also picked up a simple scrapbooks magazine to check out. I saw a website that I love this girls photography and she has had some features in that magazine so I thought I would get one.
Yeah im lame taking pics of my new books!

One more thing I thought noteworthy... I get menstrual migraines... at work I always hear the drug reps talk about how important it is to stop your migraine as soon as you feel it coming on rather than waiting until it is a full blown migraine. Well I started to get one this afternoon and I went and took a Maxalt and within about 30 minutes... NO MIGRAINE... I was so elated. I had my evening back, when I started to get it I was like ugh this is the end of my productive day. But it was great to have something work. I get this euphoria feeling at the start of the migraine so next time ill remember stop it ASAP it helps!

Well, tomorrow Ken has a soccer game... (last one) and then after Carson's nap I think ill take the kids to the lake to go swimming. Carson hasn't had much experience in the water so I thought that would give us a much needed break in the afternoon from whining! I think ill pack a picnic to take for them. We will go to the state park where Jason works so we can say hi to him. I guess they have some wildlife thing going on also, again right up Ken's alley! Well I think that's it for tonight! I better get some sleep.

0 comments: