CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Questionaire

I saw this on a couple of other blogs and thought it looked like a good idea. Should be fun to look back at.

1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Chased around a busy busy busy little boy and became "that" parent who I said I would NEVER be with him! He sure has given me a run for my money. I thought he would be compliant because my 1st is so compliant... not so much!


2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I honestly have no idea what my resolution was from last year. Yes, I have made a resolution to not use the F word. I cannot stand the way it sounds and being around people that use it I have found myself using it to make a point. I have decided I WILL use many other words in the english language that we have to get that same point across without swearing or sounding like a sailor.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth? The Tousa's had Colton and Kayla had Drake!


4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Grandma Howard. I miss her so.


5. What states/countries did you visit?
Ohio, Florida


6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More time with my husband that is time we enjoy. We see each other a lot, but it's often not "us" time. The past few weeks we have really enjoyed each others company and I want that to continue to grow. Visit somewhere north this summer as a family.


7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Carson's 1st birthday. Kenedey's 10th birthday party! Our trip to Great Wolf Lodge. Halloween visiting the Robertson's. My lunches with Ellen. And the fact that someone who is her age and then my age could have so much to talk about and support each other with.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Enjoying so much with my new camera and photography. I have learned alot and it has helped me capture so much of my kids that I otherwise wouldn't have. It brings me a lot of joy looking at pictures!


9. What was your biggest failure?
Probably money. Defintely a weakness for me. I did really good on not spending, but saving and keeping the budget together between the two of us has really been a challenge.


10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had my gall bladder out. I have never had surgery and hope I never have to again. Otherwise very healthy.


11. What was the best thing you bought?
I guess I would have to say I "bought" daycare! We have spent so much money on daycare for Carson, but it's been well worth the cost.


12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband. He has come really far this year. Lost 40 lbs., got a new job (in his career field) that provides more for himself and our family than ever before, and of course is so helpful and such a great dad to the kids.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I really can't say because too many people read this and I wouldn't want to hurt feelings, but of course Brittney Spears didn't make me proud! LOL


14. Where did most of your money go?
DAYCARE! and the usual bills that most of us have!


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Great Wolf Lodge trip, Florida trip, Jason's new job.


16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
Soulja Boy... thanks Kenedey!


17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? 
same...thats what Effexor does for you! Thank God for that b) thinner or fatter? well iv'e lost about 15 lbs. on the diet I started and have kept it off. I plan to hit back to the diet as soon as we are back from vacation. c) richer or poorer? richer... not really a good description but Jason's awesome job has helped a lot.


18. What do you wish you’d done more of? More family time just the 4 of us where it would be fun.


19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend time in my car. My drive time everyday takes up so much time from my day. I don't see that changing anytime soon though.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
Lots of Chrsitmas family parties. It was really nice this year. I don't think I ever once felt stressed about Christmas. I really enjoyed it this year. The best day was actual Christmas day at home just hanging out with the kids and napping and staying in jammies most of the day.


21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Ya know we were talking about this last night. Because I have always been so bonded to Kenedey and have had her for nearly 11 years now, my bond and love with Carson was always there and strong, but... I have really fallen more in love with him this year and gotten "used" to the idea of having a BOY and ya know they really are a TON of fun. I really never thought that I would enjoy a boy this much i've always been a girls girl and thought I could only relate to little girls. My little man has taught me quite the opposite. Both equally fun in different ways.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Private Practice and The Hills. The only 2 I ever get to watch.


23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, still don't like the same people.


24. What was the best book you read?
Dear John, Nicholas Sparks. Thank God for audio books. That reminds me I ought to use my Barnes and Noble giftcard from Aunt Connie on audiobooks
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Wheels on the bus go round and round. Thank You Carson... I discoved he knows all the moves and tries to sing the song. Again my money put to good use in daycare! LOL

26. What did you want and get?
2 new cars

27. What did you you want and not get?
A new house. We will get there THIS year!

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Georgie Rule

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 28. It was on Thanksgiving and it really was a sucky bday. We went up to my Aunt's in Grand Rapids area, but husband and I had a fight on the way home and that just ruined my already blah day. I.yi.yi.... Live and Learn

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Better Michigan weather.... longer fall! Im writing this in Florida on vacation and my skin is so nice and soft and hydrated... not dry like Michigan!

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Unfortunately dumb scrubs everyday for work really isn't conducive to a need for a great wardrobe, but I would say most of my clothing is casual/cute/nice momish dress... oh wait that's really not a fashion, but let me tell ya, my kids look darn good!

32. What kept you sane?
My new blog! Gave me a place to vent and record a lot of my thoughts... it's been a great unloading place.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still Nick Lachey

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Honestly, I really can't even get my mind around most political issues... my mind just does not go there easily, but I don't really like the way the Medicare Part D system is working and how our healthcare cost systems are all so stupid. I guess I pay attention to that because I am so exposed to it at work.

35. Who did you miss?
My mom

36. Who was the best new person you met?
Ellen... thanks for being such a great friend. She has filled some "mom" type voids for me and I think that has helped keep me stable and her wisdom of experiencing so many things in life is always nice to have an opinon of someone who has been there, but yet not completely emotionally invested like a parent would be.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Probably too many to list. I continue to learn a lot.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. When push comes to shove you taste what your made of, you might bend til you break cause it's all you can take, you look up decide you've had enough you get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off then you STAND... "Stand" by Rascal Flatts. LOVE IT!!!

1 comments:

Mandy said...

Kari,
I so enjoyed reading this! You are so cute! Who is Ellen? The only Ellen I remember works in Dr. Conant's office- is that her? Dying to know. Called you today to go to jungle java then remembered you were in Florida- duh! Call me when you get back!