CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Playing catch up!!

Well, I know I haven't blogged like I said I would over the past few days. But I have been busy enjoying my last few days of vacation.

Tonight is our last night here and then we are on your way to Michigan tomorrow afternoon. It has been absolutely wonderful... however, I am anxious to get back to our routine. Carson is wearing me out! LOL It's just been long enough for him. He needs to get back to HIS routine. He does much better on his little schedule. I also am anxious to have dad around again. I HATE this single parenting thing with him, it's way to hard to discipline him by myself ALL.THE.TIME. All it takes sometimes is just for Jason to back me up and reiterate to Carson whatever it is that I'm getting after him for, but without that backing he sure tends to push A LOT!

So here is the recap:

Thurs: We took the kids over to the Imaginarium. It turned out to be a pretty neat place! (Bear with me if I talk in circles here... my days have officially run together!) Carson was ALL OVER THE PLACE there. It was pretty neat, but the weather here has SUCKED, so we didn't do anything outside... too cold (according to my mom)! The highlight was the stingray tank that you could touch the stingray's. Carson was amused by them but Kenedey however was not. She wanted no part of touching them and my mom had the same reaction as Kenedey. I did touch them... they are just soft and slimy. They had their barbs removed so they couldn't sting anyone. But still I guess the idea of that just icked my mom and Ken out.

Can't you just see the body language in this pic?


They had a nice little area for kids under 5 that had all sorts of great play stuff... grocery store, all types of puzzles, mazes, cars, trains, trucks, you name it they had it. Carson enjoyed taking the shopping cart out into the MAIN area and running around like THAT kid! Once again I am totally embarrassed by this kid. We are having SERIOUS issues with getting him to keep his shoes on, so yeah there's my "special" kid out there running around without shoes... totally inappropriate. On our way down from the upstairs a worker stops me and says to Carson, "where are your shoes buddy?" Then looks for me... thinking to myself: " Do I claim him as mine? or say, yeah here I am over here because god help me... I CANNOT help him down the stairs without being SCREAMED at!" So she then says to me, "He has to have shoes on." Once again I am THAT mom who can't keep her friggin' kids shoes on him! Yep that would be me. Ugh I hate this! LOL Any of you who know Carson understand the socks and shoes issue. It's been a problem since he figured out that he had shoes on. He refuses to leave them on. I put them on and .002 seconds later... their off!






He is YELLLING at me because he didn't want me to help him down the stairs... how do you like those piggies?
After the Imaginarium, we went to lunch at Sweet Tomatoes and then came back here and put Carson down for a nap. I napped with him since my lack of sleep, staying up to late at night and getting up WAY too early in the morning (5:45am to be exact) was catching up with me.
That evening my parents offered to keep Carson so Kenedey and I could go for our "Girls Night out". We went Coconut Point and she REALLY wanted to do Build a Bear. She has done it a few times in the past, but still really wanted to. It was fun! After Build-a-Bear we headed over to the movie theatre and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was really cute. By the time we got out of the theatre everything at Coconut Point was closing so we headed out of there and stopped for some dinner at Applebee's on our way home. It was a great time spending just some quality one on one me and Ken. She's so fun to be around and is a great little conversationalist! I realized that I need to get her making some more of her own decisions though. She wanted me to make all of there decisions about what we did. It was always..."well what do YOU want to do?" LOL I kept saying, "this is YOUR time, you get to decide everything!" She really struggled with this! We will work on that though!
Yesterday we didn't do a whole lot of anything. I woke up with my wonderful monthly migraine. It was one of those where when you move your head you are sure it will explode or implode... AWFUL. I took some meds and HAD to go to sleep. My mom hung out with the kids and took them to the park. Thanks mom. At about 11:30 I was blow drying my hair and my mom was giving Carson a snack because she wanted to take us over to Coconut Point again to a place called Moe's. Well, I was in drying my hair and my mom comes in and said, "Kari, Carson is falling asleep in the chair." I just said, Ok hang on a second and I will come get him and just put him down for his nap. Well because she said chair I assumed that he was in one of their recliners. Well I slowly finished my hair and came out to the living room to put him down for his nap. Well I find Carson fast asleep in HIS chair at the kitchen table! LOL He had fallen over sideways and every time he inhaled he kind of sat up and then would exhale and fall over... over and over again! LOL I felt terrible! Poor guy!

Since we all couldn't go to Moes (if you never have eaten there and if you ever get the chance, it's a must try) my mom told me and Ken to just go ahead and go over and get the Pedicure's and Manicures we were planning on done. So we did! IT WAS WONDERFUL!!! We also had lunch at Moe's. There were a couple of stores that Kenedey had hoped to stop at and didn't get to so we did that and then headed back here. We watched the movie Hairspray last night and even after having a nap I still fell asleep while we were watching it. Thanks again migraine... you won that day.

The weather again today sucked. It was warmer, but terribly overcast. The kids and I headed up to the pool and I let them swim anyway and play at the playground. We brought Carson back for his nap and then I went back up to the pool while he napped.


This evening we all went out to dinner for ribs. The ribs have pretty much become a tradition for my parents and Kenedey. Ribs are a fav for Ken so every time she is down they usually take her out for them. It was a great dinner! We finished up there and headed back here. Lindsey (my cousin) and her new boyfriend came over so we could meet him and to see her. We played Blokus for awhile and just chatted! Lindsey it was fun hanging with you guys for a bit! I think Nick is absolutely wonderful for you! He is super nice from what I could tell! Best choice in a guy yet! Best of luck to you two! LOL

Elvis???

0 comments: