CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Random

Well it's my usual monthly random post. Not anything terribly exciting going on around here. I have gotten a couple of emails from a few of you asking if everything is ok and why haven't I blogged. Everything is just fine. It's been sort of a crazy week. We got home from Florida and then it seems like we just hit the ground running for the week. Never a down moment. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing until I look back now and realize how chaotic the week seemed. Im so glad that there are weekends to recoup. I need to get my household in order today.

Kenedey needs redirection and organizing today. She has a 5th grade science project that she has to get busy on this week. I also got an email from her teacher on Friday that Kenedey has been turning her work in late this week. I'm really not surprised to be honest with you because of how chaos we have been this week, but as we told her UNACCEPTABLE. We are going back to the basket that she puts her agenda, papers for us, homework to be reviewed and any notes or communitcations she needs to let us know about. I don't think in 5th grade we (parents) should be responsible for making sure that she gets everything out of her bag and back into her bag. Am I being too tough on her? I really don't feel like it. I think she has just gotten lazy this week and when she gets overwhelmed she just sort of shuts off. Nice coping mechinism... Not.so.much. I looked through her backpack after she went to bed last night and found a huge stash of unorganized papers just thrown in there. Most of which I know nothing about. Bummer. I guess I have to micromanage her homework again. Yuck. I was just really hoping she was to the point where I didn't have to do that anymore. She had gotten so good about knowing the "routine" so I trusted her to let me know if she needed help with something, etc. Oh well... wish us luck this week!

We REALLY need a new vaccume. I don't even want to clean today because mine is junk. It doesn't even feel like its pulling anything out of the carpet. I guess im on the hunt for a new one.

I don't think I have shared much on her regarding our house hunt. We are in full swing of the house hunt. We had to wait until January to do so. We usually go out on Sunday's and drive around and look. I have my eye on one. I got an article from Jen this past week that said we should wait until Feb. to do the mortgage because interest rates are dropping AGAIN (good news for us), to avoid all the forclosures that are occuring recently. Apparently they are hoping this new deal they are working on will help the economy rather than all these people loosing homes. I am thankful that we are in the place we are so that we hopefully will get a great buy and opportunity for a low interest rate.

Yesterday was a fun day. Jason and I both had to work Saturday, YUCK. Jessi watched the kids and then I went over there after work. Carson went down for his nap around 1 and slept for one of his famous 3 hour naps. While he napped Kenedey and I also snoozed on Jessi's couch and once everyone was up and ready to go we headed over to Chelsea Treehouse for an evening of play. The kids had a great time. This was actually my first time taking the kids there. I liked it, however, I think I prefer the atmosphere of Jungle Java for Carson. The slides were a lot of fun for Carson but it was REALLY hard for him to get up to it. At Jungle Java he can do it without a problem and in the little kids area they have a slides he can get to all by himself. That is really the only thing that I preferred. Otherwise I think both are great. They are both about the same distance from home for me. I thought the treehouse would be closer, but really it's not. Anyway it was lots of fun. The advantage at the treehouse is that I could comfortably get up inside the treehouse with him and at Jungle Java it's really not designed for parents to go up with the kids.

Ok enough randomness for now... im off to continue laundry and housework! Fun times!

0 comments: