CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Im pretty sure....

that we are going to have to purchase one of these.... like tomorrow.

I went to put Carson down for his nap today at 2. This is a little late for him to be going down from his usual time, but he did sleep in until 8 am today. He started to throw a fit when he was playing with our neighbors and just was so obviously overtired. So I took him in his room and put him down in his bed. He usually stands up and jabbers or cries when we put him down, but usually within a minute or 2 he is down and out. Well, today he instantly lifted his chest up over the side of his crib and pushed himself up then hiked one leg over the side and hung on and basically dangled there. I tried to stay calm and not make a big deal about it... usually making a big deal about something with him leads him to try again to amuse himself. Well, I was so afraid that he was going to fall out since they are so top heavy at this age and fall to the floor... certainly causing injury to himself.

He does have a pillow in there that helped him lift his little feet off his mattress. I took that out, the crib is as low as it goes. So I guess the crib tent is the only way I know that he will remain safe. I just don't feel comfortable taking the risk of him falling.

I did consider the option of taking off the side of his crib. He has one of those 3 in 1 that goes from crib to toddler bed to full size bed. I just DON'T think he, nor us, are ready for him to have access to get out whenever he feels like it.

He is pretty much noncompliant in most of the areas where we try to discipline him and I think more of him understanding boundries will come over the next few months. He is exactly 20 months old and ill be completely honest. He DOES not listen to rules well AT ALL! Again, making me feel like "that parent".

I know some of you are surely saying, "Why don't you just make him stay in his bed and make it into a toddler bed". If this had been Kenedey we were dealing with at this age, that's exactly what I would have done. Because with her it would have taken several times to "train" her not to get out, but she would have eventually figured out we ment business. His personality couldn't be more different. Again, we just aren't there yet. Wish us luck!!! We need it! LOL

Any of you lurker/parents out there who have tried a item like the Crib Tent... did it work? Thanks for your help!

1 comments:

lina said...

I'll jump in on this one!
We purchased the crib tent because we thought it would deter our cats from jumping in on the babies (the cats could have cared less about those noisy babies!!) However, it DID come in handy for my very rambunctious 2 youngest who were a handful to keep in a crib! I do highly recommend one, especially if you can find one @ a reasonable price. They are almost impossible to escape from. I stuck my 7 yr old inside the crib to test out the escapability (?) of the tent & she was stumped.

Good luck!