CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

I have so much to catch up on





Ok, so warning... this is either going to be the longest post ever or it will turn into at least two different posts!

I hate it when I don't blog because I feel like I have to remember everything. Let's start with the biggest news that I haven't even discussed on my blog. I honestly just haven't felt like talking about it on my blog because I have talked it to death in life outside of blogland.

Well the news.... no I'm not even remotely pregnant! I don't even think thats funny! I left my job of 3 years. I honestly was just so so so tired of all the crap within the office and so much back stabbing and I was having a terrible time getting to work on time. I won't even try to make excuses other than I did the best I could. On Monday Feb. 11th I came into work. The Dr. I worked for was off for the day for personal reasons. Our office manager and soon to be office manager took me aside and suspended me for 3 days for being late. I was of course upset. I left and went and talked to my husband at his work and then called my mom. To make a really long story short, both of them encouraged me to NOT go back at all. They have been there through everything and this was just one more thing.... icing on the cake... sealed the deal, that this job just wasn't working for me anymore. So after lots of thought, I made the phone call that I would not be returning and so a new chapter in my life has turned.

Now I have had almost a full 3 weeks that I haven't been there and I am acutally very happy with my choice. I am taking care of my friend Jen's kiddos and working on some other personal endeavors. I'm busy to say the least. The first week I was like... hmm am I really capable of keeping myself busy and motivated. Well, I can answer that with a big fat... YEP. I can.

I REALLY miss Dr. Robertson. We had a fantastic working relationship that in my opinion became even a great friendship. I felt very comfortable with him and he taught me so much. I'm so thankful for his kindness and everything over the past 3 years. I won't ever forget it.

So onto the WAY more important things. Kenedey celebrated her 11th birthday this past weekend. I CANNOT believe she is 11~ my sweet baby girl is growing into a tween without a doubt. She is into so many grown up things yet still has the little girl left in her that I want to hold on to. I am so proud of her though. Everything about her is great and she is so fun! She came home today with these notes from everyone in her class and one of them cracked me up!!! I tried to scan it... but for some reason I guess I have forgotten how to scan... anyway it says: Happy b-day... get ready for April Fool's Day and watch your back... from Isaac. What the heck?! Kids these days!

My mom came up this past weekend. It was so fun. We took Kenedey and her friends to Splash Universe for her party. Friday night she and Taylor (who by the way share the same bday) had their own little party. That was a lot of fun. Then the kids all came on Sat. around 4. It was great because I didn't have to plan anything as far as games and activites etc. They had so much to do. The kids were terribly exhausted the next day!
Carson was a riot... he LOVED the slide in the little kids area. He must have gone down it 300+ times. Not scared a bit!

1 comments:

lina said...

Kari,

What must have been a hard move, but good for you! Those women in the office have given you such grief, as you have posted in the past. Good luck with your new stress-free like & enjoy Spring with the kids :)
The pictures of the girls enjoying their shared b-days were cute.