CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Carson!

Dear Carson,

Well, here we are already 2 years out from the day you were born. I have to be all mushy here and tell you that I remember the night you were born and just you and I were in my hospital room and I held you and was just in awe of your precious little face, with the big dimple in your chin. You still have those amazing eyelashes that I hoped your daddy would pass on to you! That part of my heart that you snuggled into that night I can still feel it.

The biggest surprise to me is honestly how fast these 2 years have flown. I know us parents always say, time goes by so quickly. But really, it honestly seems like a month ago that you were sleeping on daddy's chest for your naps and he would hold you for hours.

You are such a little boy now. You are saying so many things everyday. Some of your favorites:

  • Shis-see (sissy)... wha you do-en?
  • wheredit go... you have to say the go part really high!
  • mater, mcqueen, salee, mone: all the cars crew
  • Dowa (dora)
  • Nina (Nannie)
  • la-tssss (you have that "s" sound goin on now
  • you said "Angie"plain as day last night
  • at your birthday party today you went around to everyone and said "thanks and then the person's name." It was very genuine! You made me so proud.
  • the list is now endless to all the things you say. I am loving watching you learn new ways to communicate with us everyday. It's also been great that the whining has dimished some!

You are getting taller and you have your own little mannerisms and so many of them remind me of your daddy. I was watching you walk in front of him the other day and it was honestly like a little mini-me version! You guys had no clue how much you resembled each other at that moment, but I did. You also like to wear your "haat" like your dad! I haven't decided if this is a good thing or a bad thing! I think Nana would say... "oh no, not another Jason." However, just mimic all of daddy's good qualities, there are lots of them there! ;-)

You LOVE Jack and Lauren and ask for them on a daily basis. Everytime we write your name on paper you also ask that I write all of their names too. When Jack came into your party today you had the BIGGEST hug for him and then for Lauren too. I think it's awesome that the "friends" you have, you just love so much. I hope this a quality you will keep forever.

I know your sister has a huge place in her heart for you. When you have to be disciplined, a lot of times she cries too. She is so so sweet to you and would give you her last leg if she had to! You are a lucky little guy to have such a great sister to look up to. I know your relationship of the adoration she has for you is something you guys will carry as you continue to get older! I love watching your sibling relationship. With me not growing up with any siblings living in the same home as me, I really enjoy watching you two "just be" you... together!

Thank you buddy for being the little guy you are. I just cannot tell you how much I adore you and my love for grows more and more everyday. You lighten my day with your little smile and the greatest hugs and kisses a mommy of a son could ask for. You are THE BEST!

Happy 2nd Birthday Carson! We Love You!!!

Love, Mommy

0 comments: